• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

i need a mentor!

Rogerbird1

Apr 24, 2002
Massachusetts
rogerbird.tripod.com
True, the CB look and feel has not changed a lot in the last few years.

But in the past there were many impressive looking unique radios.

Unfortunately with the invent of things like the Cell Phone, and the end of the CB FAD, only the die hards and the curious (and those that wonder what their parents were all so excited about when they were kids) still have any intrest, and most of those are happy to find a decent radio with the features that want and that can talk across the street and dont care much about how little the radio look has changed, as long as it can still perform.

Many of the radios look extremely alike, and few stray from the original looks, because in the past those were the ones people wanted(no mater how much it may have changed inside)

If you can design a radio line that would do it all and be it all, you would have a true following, and maybe even resurrect a 'New'

generation of operators.

Good luck,

Roger

</p>

True, the CB look and feel has not changed a lot in the last few years.

But in the past there were many impressive looking unique radios.

Unfortunately with the invent of things like the Cell Phone, and the end of the CB FAD, only the die hards and the curious (and those that wonder what their parents were all so excited about when they were kids) still have any intrest, and most of those are happy to find a decent radio with the features that want and that can talk across the street and dont care much about how little the radio look has changed, as long as it can still perform.

Many of the radios look extremely alike, and few stray from the original looks, because in the past those were the ones people wanted(no mater how much it may have changed inside)

If you can design a radio line that would do it all and be it all, you would have a true following, and maybe even resurrect a 'New'

generation of operators.

Good luck,

Roger

</p>

i'm under the impression that there were only 2 designers of cb radios, and they both either died or quit some time around 1978. maybe they eloped. since then, cb radios just haven't changed all that much.

picture driving up to your gals house in a vette or an rx-7 or a viper. she gets into your ride, then she sees the big. ugly. silver. BOX on your dash.

my first car had an 8 track player and an am/fm stereo with a little orange dial that would hover over a painted station frequency. my third car has a digital 3-disk changer and 40 fm presets with the touch of 1 button. and i'm seriously considering going to xm radio. yet the cb looks and virtually acts the same way.

some companies try to shoot out these little black boxes with colored lcd lights and they're "cooler" somehow.

they're not.

nobody is impressed by the cb radios made today.

there's an entire market of people, from high school up to middle aged, that simply won't buy a cb because they're UGLY.

so what i intend on doing is developing a new cb radio. i need schematics and someonewho knows what they mean. i'm a designer who likes cb radios and has a very limited knowledge of how they really work.

this'll be kind of a cool project. i already have a new design drawn up... now i need the technical help to develop it.

can the parts all be bought at the local radio shack? or are there things i'll need to get from mars or something?

please help if you're interested in having a NEW rig.

thanks!

richard novak

</p>

i'm under the impression that there were only 2 designers of cb radios, and they both either died or quit some time around 1978. maybe they eloped. since then, cb radios just haven't changed all that much.

picture driving up to your gals house in a vette or an rx-7 or a viper. she gets into your ride, then she sees the big. ugly. silver. BOX on your dash.

my first car had an 8 track player and an am/fm stereo with a little orange dial that would hover over a painted station frequency. my third car has a digital 3-disk changer and 40 fm presets with the touch of 1 button. and i'm seriously considering going to xm radio. yet the cb looks and virtually acts the same way.

some companies try to shoot out these little black boxes with colored lcd lights and they're "cooler" somehow.

they're not.

nobody is impressed by the cb radios made today.

there's an entire market of people, from high school up to middle aged, that simply won't buy a cb because they're UGLY.

so what i intend on doing is developing a new cb radio. i need schematics and someonewho knows what they mean. i'm a designer who likes cb radios and has a very limited knowledge of how they really work.

this'll be kind of a cool project. i already have a new design drawn up... now i need the technical help to develop it.

can the parts all be bought at the local radio shack? or are there things i'll need to get from mars or something?

please help if you're interested in having a NEW rig.

thanks!

richard novak

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated