• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I received my callsign and my radio arrived...

KQ9U

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Dec 8, 2010
Indiana
It's a Yaesu FT07800R. It came with the kit so you can remove the front and put the radio in the trunk of your car. But I won't be needing to do that. And I'll mostly be using it as a base.

And I checked and my callsign was posted. It is KC9TLE

sqpoie.jpg

Congratulations :)
I passed my tech and general last night as well. How long did it take to get the call sign?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I think I saw on here someone said you can now take the exam online. Can someone post that link for me please. I didn't think to do a search.

Thanks for the link and congrats on your new ticket. I think I have been to that site before. Have been working in the electronics field all my life after studying it in High School, Colledge, and in the US Navy. I just never really wanted to do the code thing and then they came out with the no code tech class about the time I move away from a place where I could easily get to the testing center. Now there is no code required for any of it so I have got to get the testing done and get my ticket. Have loved the tinkering in the radio field for years and had my own radars for several years on my ship and then taught others how to operate and repair them as an instructor. It time for me to make time to get what I have wanted for a very long time. Finally move to a place where I can actually get a shack set up so have gotten the bug again real bad.

Congrats maybe when 10 meters open Ill venture off 75 and 80 meters and we can make a contact or just let me know when.

Wooden Frog / 'TLE',
Congratulations! Not near as hard as you thought, huh? (At least after wards?? :))
While your still in the right frame of mind, get that next study session underway and get the next license! You'll never regret it.

---------------------------------------

radiohobby,
There are a few 'sturdy' or 'practice' tests on-line, but you have to take the test in front of three VE's, no way around that. There are a bunch of testing sites. Usually a club can do them, so if there happens to be a ham club near you it shouldn't be a problem getting to a test session. As a last resort (depending on how far you are from McAlester) the club here does testing every month. Some advanced notice is nice so the VEC can remember to bring the testing materials. Look at ; Pittsburg County Amateur Radio Club W5CUQ McAlester,OK ; for the phone number and meeting days/location (first Thursday of every month). Come by even if you don't plan to test. You'll get to hear a bunch of arguing, lie telling, and dirty stories...
- 'Doc

(The site hasn't been up-dated in a while, don't pay any attention to that. I'll figure out how to do that up-dating eventually.)

Congrats on the license, and like DOC said study for the upgrade while all is still fresh in your memory.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated