• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I went to take the exam for General but it was cancelled

KQ9U

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Dec 8, 2010
Indiana
I drove about 50 miles to take the General exam tonight but when I got there it was cancelled. One VE showed up and 4 other people to take a test. It seems the club got kicked out of the Emergency Management office space they were using. :censored:

So I'm going to drive to another town Saturday morning in an attempt to take the exam. And if that one should be canceled there is one in a different town on Monday evening.

I'll get my General license one way or the other.

If those test sites fall through, we give tests the first Thursday of every month, or by appointment. I realize that'd be sort of a long drive, but just in case...
- 'Doc

Guys keep trying, eventually there will be a test when it is advertised.

100 mile round trip drive sucks, on the other hand once you get your general you will forget about that 100 miles when you start talking gray line half way around the world on 40 meters.:D

Thanks guys. I' going Saturday morning. I hope that works out. I'm all ready to take the test.

Good luck taking your test - I'm sure you will do fine. Do you have a phone number or email address of one of the VEs? I only have to drive about 6 miles to the test center but I always call (or radio) ahead on the morning of the test to make sure it is a go. Just a thought...

Good luck taking your test - I'm sure you will do fine. Do you have a phone number or email address of one of the VEs? I only have to drive about 6 miles to the test center but I always call (or radio) ahead on the morning of the test to make sure it is a go. Just a thought...

No I don't. I'm going to try to find it and call them though.

I went to Frankfort, Indiana today and took the General exam. And I passed it. (y)

Now I'm going to start studying for Extra.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.