• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Icom ID-51

s55db

Oct 20, 2010
Finally dual-band future version of ID-31!

ID-51E_frt_149x600.jpg

Pre-release info

New to the Tokyo Ham Fair 2012, the ID-51A/E Dual band D-STAR Handheld - News Icom News : Icom UK - two way radio transceivers, receivers and navigation products

Brookster

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Feb 17, 2009
Ok - I'm in

I couldn't believe they brought out a 70cm (ONLY) radio last time, I still ended up buying one. And I'll be stunned if they really stick with the reported VV or UU operation - surely they can do VV, VU / UV, or UU, right?

I'll probably still end up buying this one too, but I'll be much happier if it's actually better than the 92ad.
Brooks

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
The ID-31 really is a nice radio, even if it is 440 only. Now that I have the D-Star repeater / access point working, D-Star is really starting to be fun for me, but I also want 2m for all the local repeaters. This new radio should be a big seller.

kc0zps

May 18, 2009
This does look like a really nice radio. Just like Moleculo, I'm really starting to like D-Star now that I am getting into it. I guess I'll just give my 31A to my wife and pick up this radio for myself, lol.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Of course the 1st day it is nice outside and I go plop the true Rod Of God for 20m on the mobile, All I hear is a couple of yokels talking about bowel movements. What's the 6m calling freq? 50.125?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    The true Rod of God.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    6m calling freq? 50.125? (y) (y) (y) :cool:
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good Morning!