• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I'm wanting an antenna switch

KQ9U

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Dec 8, 2010
Indiana
Has anyone used a Jetstream CO201 antenna switch? I was wondering if there is something to be aware of because it's quite a bit less expensive than some others.

Jetstream Antenna Switch

co201__55487_std.gif

Thanks,

John

Yes, I bought one of those at Dayton two years ago. It works fine! It's the same as the Daiwa switch.

Yes, I bought one of those at Dayton two years ago. It works fine! It's the same as the Daiwa switch.

Agreed. Same as the Daiwa CS-201. I have a couple of them. Great switches good to UHF and then some. Also good for 2500 watts on HF.

I believe Jetstream does not make anything on their own but has other companies make products for them. I have seen many products from Jetstream that are identical in every respect to various other brands and the quality seems to be the same as the brand name products.

I just opened up a Alpha Delta Delta 4 . Don't open them up you wont like how they are made in fact, soon as I opened it up and saw inside I removed it out of line and put it on ebay, it sold in less than a hour for $50.00 I had the thing for at least 10 years.

Antenna switch

Hello,

I have 4 Alpha Delta dd4s and they all work very well-in the instructions
they say "Not To Open" send back.Ive never had a problem yet and have
switched then all 1000s of times and KWs of rf -50Mhz-500 Khz built like a tank
See what the Big Gun stations Use also.Good luck.

Ordered switch From CheapHam in N.J. last Sunday, just a couple of days ago. $26 for the part including the shipping. Showed up today - boy that was quick! Switch seems to be pretty heavy duty - nice materials. The switch has a nice easy feel to it. Low insertion loss. Well worth the money - IMO . . .

Last edited:
Ordered switch From CheapHam on N.J. last Sunday, just a couple of days ago. $26 for the part including the shipping. Showed up today - boy that was quick! Switch seems to be pretty heavy duty - nice materials. The switch has a nice easy feel to it. Low insertion loss. Well worth the money - IMO . . .

Mine also came today along with some other items.

Hello,

I have 4 Alpha Delta dd4s and they all work very well-in the instructions
they say "Not To Open" send back.Ive never had a problem yet and have
switched then all 1000s of times and KWs of rf -50Mhz-500 Khz built like a tank
See what the Big Gun stations Use also.Good luck.

I dont care what "all the big stations use", I am a leader not a follower, If i see something that isnt right i wont use it. I have had my alpha delta for probably 10-15 yrs. Does not looking inside make what is in there good?

The reason they dont want you took look in there is how cheaply they are made. Since you havent seen the inside of your's would you like a picture of one? I will make my own switch box with a few relays, that will be built like a tank. Looking at the alpha delta anyone who says they are built like a tank has never opened the back. We are hams we should be able to fix our own equipment. Me I prefer to put it on ebay and sell it 10 minutes later to another ham who doesnt know any better for almost what I paid for it 15 yrs ago....

Agreed. Same as the Daiwa CS-201. I have a couple of them. Great switches good to UHF and then some. Also good for 2500 watts on HF

Would you know if the Alpha Delta-4 can handle 2500 PEP or someone who is running that amount? I can't find anything to say it does but I suspect it should. It seems quite well-built and the military but I'd be curious if you have any input here.

Many thanks...

Alpha-Delta claims 1500 watts pep for that switch however like most things I am suspicious when I see a rating of 1500 watts. It seems that most manufacturers don't want to rate products for more then that even though they can handle it. How many Ameritron amplifiers do you see rated for "full legal power of 1500 watts" when in fact they will easily do more and still remain within limits. Any amp running a pair of 3-500Z's or a pair of 4CX800's will do 2 Kilowatts plus but are only rated for max LEGAL power (in the USA that is). I would suspect the AD-4 would handle 2-2.5 Kw if it is not hot switched and the SWR is low.

http://www.alphadeltacom.com/pdf/Delta 4 Switches.pdf

Thank you for the reply, that was my assumption as well, and I appreciate your input. It certainly appears robust enough to handle a constant carrier of 750 watts with PEP of 2.5K and a SWR of 1.5 or less. I am thinking it should be fine. I have two of them: one used as a radio switch and one as an antenna switch.

The reason I asked is the amp I am considering will 'climb' to 2K+ PEP (max 2.5K if really pushed), and I wanted to have a sense if the switch would handle it. I see the military uses them and I would guess they had a slightly higher-than-1500PEP rating in their specifications.

If anyone else is using them at this rating, I'm all ears (pun intentional).

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.