1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Index of Popular Home Brew Threads

Discussion in 'Home Brew' started by AudioShockwav, Jul 27, 2011.

1. AudioShockwav

AudioShockwav Extraterrestrial Admin
    Staff Member

Work in progress.
    If anyone has a suggestion for threads that can be added to this, please post below, and I will update the list from time to time.

Please feel free to add feedback/suggestions here as well.

Jeff

#1 AudioShockwav, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011

2. towerdog

towerdog one-niner-seven

thanks, there was a couple of projects I had been looking for and you found them for me.

3. AudioShockwav

AudioShockwav Extraterrestrial Admin
    Staff Member

(y)

Jeff

4. :whistle: i think you meant IV ,not 2 . VIX is another option ;)
    but thanks for finding it worthy of inclusion :)

5. craiginnect

craiginnect Active Member

Hi Jeff,

I can't find any way to open a new forum topic on this, and it took me almost half an hour to find your post.

As I've been reading up on antennas during my studies for the Tech test, I decided to try to build something to help me track down a local EMI problem that emits about every 5 or 10 seconds near my house or from my house. It's been interfering with all channels on my CB when I'm in the driveway, so I figure that it will interfere with other bands when I get my Tech ticket.

See the attached photo of the small handheld that I just built the other day. I put it on my MFJ analyzer tonight and got the following numbers @ 103.23 MHz: SWR=1.0, R=55, X=0, and Z=55. I checked it on several analyzer bands and that 3 meter result was the best. The wire is twin single strand twisted together in 6 coils on a scrap 1x3 wood frame. Next, I have to figure out how to terminate the ends, and then either just put an off-frequency AM radio inside the loop, or else find an old air capacitor-tuner to drop the resonance closer to 60Hz, which is where I think the problem lies around here. I borrowed some of the rough design from various YouTube videos.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Attached Files: