• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Information on Astatic D-104....

WX2MIG

Still Alive & Well
Dec 10, 2008
39° 19' 23" N X 74° 36' 30" W
Does anyone have a source for information on the D-104 with the UG8 base.

The one I have has the 4 wire arrangement, there's a diagram inside the base, but it doesn't tell you what purpose each conductor serves.....

Any links or information is appreciated......

Thanks Sonwatcher, it's actually the T-UG8 base I have, and that's the exact diagram glued to the bottom plate. I was trying to figure out which lead performed which function so I could match the actual microphone function leads to an ethernet plug for an Icom 2m radio.
The Icom has the 8 lead ethernet plug, and 4 of those leads control the function buttons on the control mic, I need to find out which leads on the D-104 will just work the PTT and voice carrier from the mic to the radio......:confused:

Astatic 4 wire:

Audio = White
Common = Shield
Transmit = Red
Receive = Black

Astatic 6 wire:

Audio = White
Common = Shield
Transmit - Red
Receive = Black
Switch = Blue
Relay = Yellow

http://www.tech-systems-labs.com/pdf-files/astatic.pdf this can be bookmarked for further reference also if you need it

Thanks, that's the best and most complete source yet.

I figured it out for my Kenwood TS-130S and have been using it for quite a while now, but I might get a Heil mic for that radio, and keep this D-104 for something else. This resource will come in handy later....

Thanks again for posting it.....

The schematic on the bottom cover shows all the functions. Just follow it through.

That only works if one knows how to read a schematic, I have very little electronics experience, and never learned the art of schematic deciphering.....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated