• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

interesting

W5LZ

Crotchety Old Bastard
Apr 8, 2005
Oklahoma
Go here and read;

http://unwinantennas.com/home

If you understand what is said, come explain it to me. He's going to get a patent for this, you believe that?
- 'Doc

On second thought, don't go there, don't read it, and if you do understand it please don't try to explain it to me!

I'll stick with conventional antennas that don't need two thousand feet of magnet wire.

Hey 'Doc, this old boy probably has one of those neutrinos he caught in a mayonnaise jar on his front poarch and when he puts his ear to the jar he is sure he hears CW.

It has been said that if one of these neutrinos were to pass through water it would have to travel for about 30 lightyears before it would hit a single mass in the water.

I think science has developed detectors and buried them deep in the earth at the equator, trying to detect one of these neutrinos. I think this has been going on for some years now and has not detected one hit todate. They did this thinking they could capture such particles. They claim that 50 million or more of these tiny particles pass thru the human body in a given day. Some have reported that of the countless ones that pass completely thru the earth, none has ever struck anything or we would have signs of such collisions.

Ol'Art has been around the ham antenna world for quite some time. Unfortunately, his 'alternate thinking' has earned him a reputation that isn't exactly of the 'accepted' variety except maybe in Hollywood, sort of (that's the nicest way I can think of to put it, sorry). He has 'found' the 'missing' theories of several very well known people, Plank(sp), Einstein, and others. Holds several patents (at least applied for them), is developing a 'do-everything' antenna which is not size dependent on anything, and has probably the best line of scientific B.S. 'double-speak' in the whole world. "Shazam Batman!", this dude is the definition of 'Wazzup'!
One of the things I like to do is try to figure people out, see where they are coming from, understand how they got to whatever point they are at, sort of. Art has me completely baffled. Not that I'm ever very successful doing that 'figuring', but the only conclusions I can reach with Art is that he is completely crazy, or, he's doing the absolute best 'put-on' I have ever seen. I just don't know, and that worries me! Am I getting a little senile, or is he? Scary thought, ain't it?
- 'Doc

Thought about inviting him over here, but I'm too chicken...

he hasn't stated anything that hasn't been said before....

"A RADIATOR CAN BE ANY SIZE, SHAPE OR VARYING ELEVATIONS AS LONG AS IT IS IN A STATE OF EQUILIBRIUM."

"ANY piece of conducting material will work as an antenna on any frequency."
Paul Graham (K9ERG)

most members of the amateur community barely understand why the answers are what they are to the questions on the license exams. let's not press them to grasp the concepts of quantum physics as they apply to the transverse electromagnetic mode principles involved with antenna theory.

Tesla also had no need of ground planes for the coils he wound for his generator and he demonstrated the ability to use them across a wide range of frequencies in complete defiance of what most consider the standard model.

then again, neither are there any questions on an amateur exam dealing with scalar interferometry. the majority of the amateur community would be the last place i would turn to to compare notes against this work.

the fact that it sounds like double talk and BS to you somehow doesn't surprise me at all. it's easy to see why the two of you have nothing in common.

:)
And since there are "ifs" and "buts" with both of your examples, I use the same 'grain of salt' on them as do with Art's. There are two conclusions able to be drawn from your remarks/comparisons. I know which I prefer and am certainly willing for others to form their own opinion. Being such a 'master' of B.S., I also know when I'm hearing it...
- 'Doc

The guy doesn't even sign his work...

I chalk this up to an elaborate hoax.

A 52 Ohm resistor will have better SWR than his design, though maybe he can sell his to B&W while he is at it.

Nuetrinos have been captured in the underground capsules you mentioned. back in 2002 I think when we had the largest solar flare in modern history. The one that caused satellite blackouts and overloads on power grids around the world! Look it up, its really quite fascinating. I think one of the underground sites is in tokyo japan.

there was a wimp detector at boulby potash mine about 60 miles from me, i watched a prog about it on tv, they moved sometime last year.

SR385,
It may certainly be a hoax, but this has been going on for years, not just on this subject of 'equilibrium'. Neutrinos are just his latest 'thing'. One of his 'favorites' concerns Maxwell's infamous 'missing equations', and his 'mysterious' manipulation of those equations to prove his (Art's) antenna designs are the most bestest things ever, even if the results can't be duplicated by others (sound familiar for any reason?).
Oh well.
What's my reason for posting this? Just that there are myths in almost everything, not just the 'CB' world... or new car gas milages.
- 'Doc

"It may certainly be a hoax, but this has been going on for years, not just on this subject of 'equilibrium'."

explain the concept of equilibrium as used in the context of the (unwin) thesis. better yet, never mind because you don't have a clue.

the concept of equilibrium as used in the context of the topic under discussion has been referred to many times in this forum without the word ever being used in reference to reactance and the balance of inductance and capacitance. equilibrium is simply a condition wherein a pair of diametrically opposing forces cancel each other out resulting in a state of balance, as when X=0.

"Neutrinos are just his latest 'thing'. One of his 'favorites' concerns Maxwell's infamous 'missing equations', and his 'mysterious' manipulation of those equations to prove his (Art's) antenna designs are the most bestest things ever, even if the results can't be duplicated by others (sound familiar for any reason?). Oh well."

it is of no consequence that equations are missing in maxwells work because the equations are fully present in Heinrich Rudolph Hertz's clarification and expansion of the electromagnetic theory of light. nobody cares.

and i have no problems duplicating his results.

"What's my reason for posting this? Just that there are myths in almost everything, not just the 'CB' world."

i think you like arguing about subjects that you know absolutely nothing about and bashing the work and ideas of others in an effort to justify your narrow minded view of the larger picture.

and if neutrinos are his latest thing then it can't possibly rise to the level of a myth because by the very definition of the word his latest thing hasn't been around long enough to qualify as one.

here's his assertion of the basic concept he is referring to and although his grammar leaves something to be desired, point out any part of it that is in error and tell us why, providing references.

"The important deduction missing from Maxwell’s law because of his omission of equilibrium. What is of further importance is that the ‘root L.C ‘ portion of Maxwell’s law(5) is that the equation implies that it is not valid beyond distributed loads! Further more, we can state from this pre stated deduction that if equilibrium is in place, the law is referring to a resonant radiator which is acting as a tank circuit(6) and thus the values of ‘ L’ and ‘C’ represents the distributed loads of a full wave length radiator, where the period of oscillation is determined by the capacitive and inductive interchange of energy which forms the magnetic field. Such oscillations create resonant source impedances from extremely low to extremely high values far away from the 50 ohms that former antenna design has led to."

"However, all is not lost since the tank circuit and the pendulum mechanism produce identical oscillations for a particular period. Note that the pendulum is a three dimensional movement which is the same as the anti-gravitational vector that moved the radiator from an earth parallel position. Since it is well known that if we lengthen the pendulum swing it dampens the operation of a pendulum and thus changes the period of the oscillation,we can use the same ploy with a radiator by adding length to the radiator we can also bring the impedance excursions closer together, that can be readily used for transmitting purposes where we can follow the law of equilibrium for a radiator but at the same time canceling the the inductive and capacitive lumped loading in accordance with Maxwell’s law. Thus a situation is now reached where a radiator is made in terms of full wave lengths that can be maintained in a smaller volume than a standard fractional wavelength antenna with out the pre required ground plane required for a radiator that is not in equilibrium. The above now brings back radiation to classical physics where other approaches to science were viewed in the absence of a true knowledge of radiation."

The reason I say it is a hoax is, there are facts in that manifesto, but it never really gets to any point. So if you go through the ramble, there are factual elements, but they are never really connected in a coherent way.

The other big sign I still say, is that there is no author cited there unless I'm just completely blind.

There is another page floating around about making antennas in a superconductive environment. I bounced that one off a few local lab rats and they spent over a half hour explaining why it was complete junk science. Basically someone without the background cut and pasting from scientific papers without realizing the conclusions they were drawing from the various bits were completely off the wall.

the naval weapons center has successfully tested superconductor antennas yielding anywhere from 5 - 20 db. of gain over their non-superconductor counterparts over the frequencies under consideration. you must have been talking to the "test subject" lab rats.

the article may become coherent and to the point if you actually understood the definitions of the key terms used in the dissertation.

i believe the article also makes reference to the works of two authors, namely maxwell and gauss. have your eyes checked.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.