• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is my cb ok just left in the car?

Steve H

Oct 31, 2010
I was wondering if it is hard on the radio itself, being left on it's mount inside the car through winter, summer,etc. I am tired of disconnecting it and taking it inside. It's held on it's mount with just a couple of thumb-screws, but I was just wondering if it is hard on the radio to leave it in the car under changing weather. It is a Cobra 29 ltd and an astatic mic.

Do you remove the car stereo too? How about the ECM, PCM or IPM?
Good point...I guess if these sensitive components can handle 120,000 miles of harsh ride and temperature changes, then my radio can also.

The stereo still works after ten years...proves your point again.

I just throw a little towel over mine.
My cobra 25 wouldn't come on till it warmed up. I was told it has a cold solder joint somewhere. I swapped radios and sure enough the good one comes right on no matter how cold it is.

I leave mine in the truck along with my meter and the leg warmer the issue I have is when it is cold my roger beep sounds funny till it warms up but no big deal.
Hammer down and keep it between the ditches talk to ya on the flip.

I leave mine in the truck along with my meter and the leg warmer the issue I have is when it is cold my roger beep sounds funny till it warms up but no big deal.
Hammer down and keep it between the ditches talk to ya on the flip.

Thanks for all the answers, everyone. And to HITEK-REDNEK...I am in Columbus, Oh also. Alot of highways/freeways going by here.

Hello there my fellow cber in Columbus OH. what end do you live in?I'm actully in Grove City what is is your handle?What channel do you hang out on?I'm mainly on 19 to and from work only my company don't want me to put my radio in there truck somthing about to much power and the truck ecm O well take care.

I dont leave anything in the truck,i lost a new 2950 and kenwood 241 parked in front of walmart by the front door,they even took my antennas...i get out the radios come with me...

The Walmarts by us have the most parking lot accidents in the county.....Walmarters are generally not the brightest and most attentive people around. I only go to Walmart for oil filters and ammo and even then I dread the typical Walmart parking lot dings and scrapes.
Shame about the theft of your equipment, probably made it's way into a pawn shop for crack money.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.