• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is this the new Stryker SSB?

bob85

Supporting Member
Mar 30, 2005
england
Radiofrontpanel.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/ukmudduck/possible new ssb stryker/Radiofrontpanel.jpg

theinsides.jpg

booty, the display on that one is 7 digit with 10hz resolution/steps, the name has been painted over so they could sell them locally,
i saw the circuitboard and recognised it from a prototype pic as almost identical,

the guy who bought it thinks the stryker is/will be made at a different factory with the conventional round meter stryker looks,
back to waiting.

booty, the display on that one is 7 digit with 10hz resolution/steps, the name has been painted over so they could sell them locally,
i saw the circuitboard and recognised it from a prototype pic as almost identical,

the guy who bought it thinks the stryker is/will be made at a different factory with the conventional round meter stryker looks,
back to waiting.

thanks bob . i sent a e-mail to stryker earlier asking about the radio . this is what i said .

"im a member at the WWRF forum and a thread was started wondering if a new radio being discussed across the pond is the new stryker ssb radio thats been in the works for a while . heres a link to the thread at WWRF .
http://www.worldwidedx.com/cb-band-cb-radios/70863-new-stryker-sideband.html

and heres a link to the thread at transmission 1 in the UK thats creating the buzz .
Transmission1 • View topic - Anybody seen one of these in the flesh yet?

is this unnamed/unbranded radio the stryker radio or something it is based on ? ill cut and past your reply to the forum so that folks will know what the real deal is concerning this . or you are most welcome to make a post yourself if you have the time . im sure it wouldn't hurt sales if folks could hear from you/ya'll first hand ;)

thanks , jeff/BOOTY MONSTER "

if/when they answer ill post the reply in this thread .
if this radio is as stable as the rci 29xx , has as good or better ears and doesnt pick up a lot of noise/static it should be a real good seller for them . i never cared for all the chicken lights on their other radios , but i like the looks and back lighting on this one .

Its definately the same chassis posted on tm1 bob,it has a very rangeresque look to it,especially those knobs,i'd be more willing to bet in the format you show it here it appears as a superstar/ranger/connex or galaxy radio than a stryker.possibly even a new magnum as the wording shown on the facia in the manual looks similar to magnum style

can't help wondering if that lone standing resistor on the board in the tm1 board photos is part of the export mod,as it seems totally out of place on a mainly smd radio chassis.as its pc programmable it may well be modded with software too,would be interesting to have a radio instantly modified/left to legal spec with the simple addition of a usb mem stick.kind of hard proving a radio tx'ed on a certain frequency if it no longer can do it due to software being deleted.

nice looking radio but i think the green ch led would look better in red,i would hope that clarifier is unlocked too and tracked with the counter.just read the manual,apparently clarifier can be set as tx only,rx only or both together,a few other interesting functions in the menu too,not least of all the ability to programme it with pc software,variable tone roger beep,hi swr cut out,scan,tx time out amongst many others.

Last edited:
I believe thats what it is aswell I was told by someone helping with design of these that they were going to really focus on the SSB part of this rig where it was kind of on the same path as a standard HF rig as far as layout and some of the functions which I thought was excellent for us SSB users go.

Im thinking that there will still be a few changes before they are widespread distrubuted. Ive been waiting for years for them to complete there SSB so I could try one. Interesting to say the least. I thought these were high power to boot.

Very cool Bobber thanks for sharing!!! How is it as far as SSB?? Pretty solid no drift??

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.