• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

It's on.....

WX2MIG

Still Alive & Well
Dec 10, 2008
39° 19' 23" N X 74° 36' 30" W
20 and 40 meters were hopping this afternoon. Of course the North American QSO Party had the bands jamming, plus the Light House crew was up and running today as well, but if you could get away from all the contest QRM, there were a few DX contacts to be had.

I made 4 U.S. contacts, and 1 from Canada in a matter of 10 minutes. Then sat back and listened to a contester in Utah get replies from a couple of Euro stations.

Tried 10 meters but didn't hear a thing on there....

Skeds, anyone?

I gotta string my 20M dipole tomorrow, I'll be on 14.070 PSK31.

On my A99, I get alot of condx, but TXing is a bitch, even with a tuner. Bad combo.

I'm KC9IUX.

Skeds, anyone?

I gotta string my 20M dipole tomorrow, I'll be on 14.070 PSK31.

On my A99, I get alot of condx, but TXing is a bitch, even with a tuner. Bad combo.

I'm KC9IUX.

I'll get on this afternoon, 16 August 2009, about 4 PM EST. 14.290 ish USB.

All I've got up is my infamous droopy drawers dipole, and whilst not terribly directional at its paltry height, it will be slightly stronger E-W from Salem, Virginia.

73 de Rob,
KG4ZPN

Bummer, I had rain all day.

Is .290 an alternate PSK31 freq?

I don't think it is 74IN, 14.290 Mhz is the frequency the OMISS group uses during their day time nets from Monday to Saturday, but the band has been so dead these last few months that I haven't even tried to join in on any of those nets.

I've gone hours without hearing a net control operator on the Maritime Mobile Service Net, (14.300 Mhz) then all of a sudden someone in Shit The Weeds, Arkansas will pick up net control, and comes booming into South Jersey like he's right next door...

The only times the band has been mildly interesting is at grey line when one or two European stations might come in just over the noise level, and that's why I get excited when the band actually does open up...even if it's just slightly open....;)

Just got done with a PSK31 QSO to France with 30W.

14.070 seems to have many opportunities.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated