• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

jo-gunn V-series antennas

joegunn says the V & Star series are there best sellers for DXin. i know that Delta loop design is a quiet as it's kept DX killer.

I can't be for sure, but the JG V series looks like a V shaped dipole and not a loop antenna like the Maco V-Quad.

My GUESS is that the Jo-Gunn will be more robust, and you'll pay for that. I don't mean to speculate, but the rest of the Jo-Gunn series is overbuilt as well.

GunSlinger338 said:
Marconi said:
I can't be for sure, but the JG V series looks like a V shaped dipole and not a loop antenna like the Maco V-Quad.

whats the better design ?? Maco or jo-gunn ...IYO ??

Well GS, we hear a lot about the advantages of the quad over the yagi. If true, then maybe the quad is a bit better element for element than the yagi. I have had plenty of verticals, side by side to compare, but I have never compared a yagi and a quad at the same time.

i guess thats true, the jo gunn doesnt have the wire connecting the v, so I guess it wouldnt be a delta loop. I bet it would still however perform good local and dx. I am not an antenna guru, just a hunch.

thanks for the Info......
thinking about putting the Base back together......11m
I have a 13b2 on the tower now that I never use any more.

Looking for somthing single fed that will do DX and local

might try out the 4 element JG-V

heres the picture i was a talkin about look how mighty purty it is :)
jogunnV.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated