• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

keep this rf out of my electrical system.......help

F

fnkycoldmedina

how can i keep the rf from getting in my computers electrical system?i have a 97 explorer sport with a bumper mounted whip a cobra 29 and an 8 pill amp.when i key up my 4by4 dash lights flash on n off and my fuel pump light glows dimly.i have rg213 running from the whip to the meter,to the amp n so on .the coax does run near my fuel pump i suppose.whats this i hear about using chokes?will this help me?i already got the best coax running thru the truck.i added a ground from motor to frame as the factory grounds are junk.my swr`s are great....like a 1.1.....

just having a problem with the rf getting into my computer or electrical system.should i run chokes thru the wires of the parts in question?there may not be enough slack in them to make a few winds and get em plugged back in .how do all you guys run big watts(1000 or better)and keep it out of your electrical system?i have everything grounded except the amp case itself.it has a ground but someone recommended an additional grounding of the case.so shoot out some answers to me guys and help hook me up...........i,m sure i am not the first person to have these problems.........this could help aot of people so lets get some good feedback on this question....thanks.....................

</p>

how can i keep the rf from getting in my computers electrical system?i have a 97 explorer sport with a bumper mounted whip a cobra 29 and an 8 pill amp.when i key up my 4by4 dash lights flash on n off and my fuel pump light glows dimly.i have rg213 running from the whip to the meter,to the amp n so on .the coax does run near my fuel pump i suppose.whats this i hear about using chokes?will this help me?i already got the best coax running thru the truck.i added a ground from motor to frame as the factory grounds are junk.my swr`s are great....like a 1.1.....

just having a problem with the rf getting into my computer or electrical system.should i run chokes thru the wires of the parts in question?there may not be enough slack in them to make a few winds and get em plugged back in .how do all you guys run big watts(1000 or better)and keep it out of your electrical system?i have everything grounded except the amp case itself.it has a ground but someone recommended an additional grounding of the case.so shoot out some answers to me guys and help hook me up...........i,m sure i am not the first person to have these problems.........this could help aot of people so lets get some good feedback on this question....thanks.....................

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.