• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood 430S

EDUK8TR

Greetings,

Any Opinions on this radio? I have a line on getting a used one and just wanted to know what kind of track record this model has. It is a mobile and has a base power supply to go with it.

Thanks!

Wayne C.

CDX-787<BR
HR2510

Magna Force 900

D104M6B

MR. COILY Single Coil

educate-01sig.gif
</p>

I used to own a Kenwood 830 and briefly used a 430 a couple of weeks ago. Kenwood has never let me down with its quality and it's definitely worth the purchase.

</p>

Went and checked out this radio last night. On a scale of of 1-10 on cosmetics it looks about a 7.5. It is really heavy and comes with its matched power suppy. It is about 15 years old and was last used about 6 months ago. The individual is selling because he is nearly blind and can't see the display and the VFO is smooth turning without any "clicks" for him to tell movement. He says he'll take $400.00 for it as is, $500.00 if he sends it to have it checked out. I don't have the $$$ right now to purchase it and am a bit leary of taking it as is if I did have the $$$. It will make a really nice base or mobile rig for someone. If you know someone who would be interested let me know and I can get you in contact with the owner.

Wayne C.

CDX-787<BR
HR2510

Magna Force 900

D104M6B

MR. COILY Single Coil

educate-01sig.gif
</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.