• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Lazer 400 set up questions

H

hossless

Hey all, I recently traded for a Ham lV rotor w/control and a Lazer 400. I sold my Moonraker 4. I will be setting the 400 Lazer up for horizontal operation only, and will not be installing the vertical elements. Do I need to make any changes in the spacing of the elements when only assembling for single polarity? I see Maco sells a M106C which is a single polarity six element antenna, is this how I should set the spacing of the elements, or should I stick to the Lazer specs?

Thanks, Hossless

</p>

hossless,

The simplest answer is go with the Laser's spacing

and don't bolt on the vertical elements. Without

changing the boom length varying the element spacing

won't make a lot of change for the 'better'.

- 'Doc

</p>

10-4 Doc, that's what I was leaning towards, but wanted feedback. I'll go the Lazer400 spec route, and if things need a wee bit of changing - that's easy too.

Thanks man, Hossless

</p>

Thanks 2020, I'm gonna' stick with just flat side though, and I'm hoping this Lazer400 does even a better job puttin' the maul down than that Moonraker4 did. I only had the Raker up about 21' and it did an awsome job tx'ing and rx'ing, this baby will be up about 43'...

Hossless

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.