• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

LMR 600UF COAX

Drifter,
I think you'd be wasting your money. Not that the 'LMR' coax isn't any good, it is, but it would do nothing to 'cure' any interference, no coax will.
- 'Doc

I switched from 213 to Times LMR400UF and it helped. Not completely, but it helped.

Start with LMR-400. If you are running higher power, move up to LMR-600. The LMR-400 has the same amount of shielding as the 600.

There is less loss in LMR-600, but on 27mhz at lengths around 100' the amount of extra loss is a non issue. If your run is 500', thats a different situation.

In my opinion, with the information you have provided, running LMR-600 WOULD be a waste of your money.

If you want pre-assembled and tested cable assemblies, use CableXperts.

Original 9913 is NOT recommended! This cable has the air-core and is famous for water intrusion!

9913F is a newer cable comparable to the LMR-400F (F = flexible) and a very nice cable.

I used to be a big fan of Belden cable. They have always made a quality product. I now use Times Microwave almost exclusively!

LMR-400 has a solid core and is not recommended for antenna systems that rotate.

LMR-400F has a stranded core, a little more loss than regular 400, and IS recommended for antennas that rotate.

CXP1318FX is the same cable as LMR-400F and is made by (for) Cable X-perts. Nice thing with buying cable from them is that the silver plated, teflon insulated connectors are PROFESSIONALLY soldered on and TESTED!

RG-213 is old old school and while an OK cable, you can do much better today! Throw the RG-213 out and get some LMR-400!

Master Chief said:
Original 9913 is NOT recommended! This cable has the air-core and is famous for water intrusion!

9913F is a newer cable comparable to the LMR-400F (F = flexible) and a very nice cable.

I used to be a big fan of Belden cable. They have always made a quality product. I now use Times Microwave almost exclusively!

LMR-400 has a solid core and is not recommended for antenna systems that rotate.

LMR-400F has a stranded core, a little more loss than regular 400, and IS recommended for antennas that rotate.

CXP1318FX is the same cable as LMR-400F and is made by (for) Cable X-perts. Nice thing with buying cable from them is that the silver plated, teflon insulated connectors are PROFESSIONALLY soldered on and TESTED!

RG-213 is old old school and while an OK cable, you can do much better today! Throw the RG-213 out and get some LMR-400!
Water intrusion sound right to me so I guess I will say 9913F. Do you know who has 9913F for a good price? Thanks!

FWIW

The amount of attenuation (loss) in coax is a function of the frequency of use and the length of the cable run. For HF use it doesn't amount to enough to worry about, unless the run is something really long. For runs up to about 100 feet, even RG-58 doesn't have enough loss to be able to tell a difference on the 'other end'. At VHF/UHF frequencies it's a different story!
So, if you like the idea of using a very low loss coax cable, don't mind the 'extra' cost, have at it. Don't expect any miracles though...
- 'Doc

Here is where I got mine http://www.ntx-comm.com/ I went ahead and had them put on all of the ends. About $100 for 100'. I got six various length jumpers made up as well. Very nice coax.
Doc, as far as the tvi, it completely cured it at the wattage that I normally run(about 300), but when running 2K, it only gives their tv a few lines, which they said wasn't too bad. Before, their tv looked like the old off-the-air flea-fights. :p However, their cell phone doesn't fair so well. Oh well, I hate cell phones anyways :x .

musky1963 said:
Here is where I got mine http://www.ntx-comm.com/ I went ahead and had them put on all of the ends. About $100 for 100'. I got six various length jumpers made up as well. Very nice coax.
Doc, as far as the tvi, it completely cured it at the wattage that I normally run(about 300), but when running 2K, it only gives their tv a few lines, which they said wasn't too bad. Before, their tv looked like the old off-the-air flea-fights. :p However, their cell phone doesn't fair so well. Oh well, I hate cell phones anyways :x .
Hahaha I hate cell phones to!!!! I hate the people who walk around and talk at the top of their lungs on those thing in public places!!! :x :x Ok back on subject :roll: :p

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.