1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

looking for any info. on a sears base

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by w527, Apr 6, 2002.

1. w527

w527 Guest

good evening all, i'm looking for any info. i can find on a sears model 60105 AM base. i can find all sorts of PLL info., but no tune-up or mic wiring for it. it's the PLL O2A chip and is a 40 channel model(for now). any info. would be a big help. well time for work, have a good night all!

thanks,

Bob - W527

</p>

2. Laserbeam

Laserbeam New Member

I have a Sears 60105 40 chan AM base. It's an extremely rare model. Would like to find some mod docs for it. 20181001_162249.jpg

#2 Laserbeam, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  3. sonoma

sonoma Sr. Member

go over to cbtricks.com and look under the secret CB books. there may be some thing over there. most sears radios have a number like 934.678954. not just 6105. at least all I ever saw had a long list of numbers.

Laserbeam likes this.
  4. Laserbeam

Laserbeam New Member

I checked, there are no other numbers, just a DOC number and 2 serial numbers. This one is a real enigma! :)

5. nomadradio

nomadradio Analog Retentive

A clear, readable close-up pic of the serial number plate might help a lot. Should reveal the full Sears catalog number.

The "DOC" notice means it's a canadian radio, not a USA model.

Laserbeam likes this.
  6. Laserbeam

Laserbeam New Member

Here is the plate. For some unknown reason the DOC number was defaced, but it can more or less be still read.

Attached Files:

7. TM86

TM86 Destroyer of radios

Found a Sears 60105 in my copy of the CB PLL Data Book. That has it as a Cybernet chassis PLL02A "Late Generation AM 2-Crystal Loop, 40 Channel."

I'm guessing if you open it up there's a board number on the main circuit board along the lines of "PTBM057COX" or something like that. With the board number someone here should be able to find a similar enough radio that a Sam's or other service manual could be found, if indeed it's what my book claims.

Laserbeam likes this.
  8. Laserbeam

Laserbeam New Member

OK I think I have the board ID here. PTBM050COX

Attached Files:

9. sunbulls

sunbulls Well-Known Member

That’s a big help. The RCA Co-pilot 14T303 has that same board. Several other RCA’s also use that board, but they’re mobile radios. I think the 14T303 base with the power supply schematic will be a closer match your radio. You can find the service manual and schematics on CBtricks.
    http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/rca/14t260_70_14t303_4_5/index.htm

Note: The minor difference between your radio and the 14T303 is the Co-pilot has an additional small board that contains the built-in SWR circuit and a metering circuit that runs the modulation meter. Your radio doesn’t have those two features, otherwise they’re basically the same.

#9 sunbulls, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    Laserbeam likes this.
  10. nomadradio

nomadradio Analog Retentive

Good call!

Simpson-Sears Limited of Canada used a whole different numbering system for their CB models. Howard Sams only covered USA-approved CB radios.

The scratched-out gummint-approval (DOC) number suggests to me that it was either printed wrong, or had been submitted for approval a second time, and given a new number. Maybe?

But the sticky label above the serial plate says "DCO", not "DOC".

Don't see a lot of dyslexic ID labels on the rear of radios.

Laserbeam likes this.