• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking for small cb amp

Why are you looking for a smaller amp? I can understand why you might want one; but didn't just get a big amp recently?

Personally, I like small amps and decent antennas. No need to get the attention of irate Hams and neighbors - and then have the FCC come a'knockin.

Why are you looking for a smaller amp? I can understand why you might want one; but didn't just get a big amp recently?

Personally, I like small amps and decent antennas. No need to get the attention of irate Hams and neighbors - and then have the FCC come a'knockin.

Im looking for a total output of about 5 to 10 watts max to drive the next amplifier, its only 3/4 watt going in.

Thanks for the help

Wahlrite

Im looking for a total output of about 5 to 10 watts max to drive the next amplifier, its only 3/4 watt going in.

Thanks for the help

Wahlrite

Your Super Modutated MUJU rig can't do that on its own? thought you were running a 29 with all the MMM bells & Whistles? seems a bit counter-productive most any modern radio should be able to do that much without even resorting to "Happy Watts" and a Dozy.... :confused:

Your Super Modutated MUJU rig can't do that on its own? thought you were running a 29 with all the MMM bells & Whistles? seems a bit counter-productive most any modern radio should be able to do that much without even resorting to "Happy Watts" and a Dozy.... :confused:

sorry i don't know what your referring to " MUJU ", try setting the pipe down for a while, however unlikely it just might help.

What radio are you running. I myself have an old 148 or grant xl and they can DK 5 watts and swing about 8 watts on a bird average. PEP they do about 21-28 watts. With only 5-10 watts, which you didn't specify pep or average. Most radios should be able to do that. By the way how big is the next amp that you want to drive?

After thinking about it, you might be trying to drive a tube box? That sounds about right for 5-10 watts of drive. If you have a really weak radio, might want to try a small mosfet amp ( something like 4 IRF520 mosfets and just choke it down) maybe instead of a 1 pill like 1446 or 2290.

After thinking about it, you might be trying to drive a tube box? That sounds about right for 5-10 watts of drive. If you have a really weak radio, might want to try a small mosfet amp ( something like 4 IRF520 mosfets and just choke it down) maybe instead of a 1 pill like 1446 or 2290.

Crusher, man its nice to talk to someone with Intelligent comments.

I run a mauldulator, its a modified cobra 29,

its advertised to only put out 3/4 of a watt, and I need to drive a amp requiring 10 watts inpput, so thats why im looking for a small 1 transisitor type amp.

and mosfets dont like the amount of modulation I will be running, I was thinking of something along the lines of the 2sc1969 transisitor?

Thanks for contributing and trying to help, this fourm needs more people like you..
Thanks again
Wahlrite

sorry i don't know what your referring to " MUJU ", try setting the pipe down for a while, however unlikely it just might help.

Sarcasm is obviously lost on your wit..... So your saying your $450.00 dollar Cobra 29 cannot do 5 watts? If you would provide sufficient facts you would probably get more productive answers.

Last edited:
Sarcasm is obviously lost on your wit..... So your saying your $450.00 dollar Cobra 29 cannot do 5 watts? If you would provide sufficient facts you would probably get more productive answers.

I belive the question can not be put any more simply,

I am looking for a small cb amp, like a 1 pill.

I flunked kindergargen, and I clearly understand the question. aparently you did not with a reply like this, and I quote " Your Super Modutated MUJU rig can't do that on its own? thought you were running a 29 with all the MMM bells & Whistles? seems a bit counter-productive most any modern radio should be able to do that much without even resorting to "Happy Watts" and a Dozy... " again i'm looking for a amp, do you have a response that's on topic?

I belive the question can not be put any more simply,

I am looking for a small cb amp, like a 1 pill.

I flunked kindergargen, and I clearly understand the question. aparently you did not with a reply like this, and I quote " Your Super Modutated MUJU rig can't do that on its own? thought you were running a 29 with all the MMM bells & Whistles? seems a bit counter-productive most any modern radio should be able to do that much without even resorting to "Happy Watts" and a Dozy... " again i'm looking for a amp, do you have a response that's on topic?

Look, your the one who came here spewing all kinds of BS looking for answers. My second response is quite on topic, I'll try to make this clear enough for an eventual kindergarten graduate.... Your radio, pep power? this is directly related to any recommendations you might get.

Are you wanting 5-10 watts carrier power? What PRECISELY is you"next amp"? What device are you driving? It would be a little easier to make a recommendation based on facts rather then what you perceive to be so clear even your Kindergarten flunking ass understands.

now off topic... You know spell checkers are free, and it is rather easy to enable them in a browser for "on the fly checking" so even "kindergargen" challenged individuals can spell properly :whistle:

Oh and in case your only here to spew about the "Mauldulator" and didn't go anywhere else in the forum and missed http://www.worldwidedx.com/forum-swapshop/36466-modulator.html depending on your radios current performance it probably fits your original posts request..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated