• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

maco 107 is up

GunSlinger338

Feb 26, 2006
Around Tha Dome
got it up this weekend
andrews 5/8 from the 10k gamma....... just in case

DSC01039.jpg

Wow...Some SERIOUS skip talkin there!
How tall is the tower base to the feed point?
Are you going to keep it horizontally polarized?
Or are you going to be able to mechanically shift between the two?
Are locals still hearing you well - even though it is horizontally polarized?
Give us some numbers and some DX reports - please!

I'd rate the M107 as the best antenna that Maco made. I know the advertised specs of the 108 are higher but after having had both the 7 element is a better performer hands down. The bandwidth on the 8 was wider than the 7 but that didn't bother me any. 4500 watt key with 12 watts reflected was good enough.

I am sure you will enjoy the antenna and the T2X is the way to go with it!!

BC

i have 7-8 feet from the boom to the top of the mast pipe and want to put a ground plane up there...

the question is.....

Will the radials of a ground plane antenna like a Maco 5/8 affect the beam more so than a ground plane antenna like an Imaxx with out the radials ????

I expect to have some interference either way... but could it be minimized by using an Omni without the ground plane kit ???

I have ran a Shakespere big stick on top of my Super Laser 500 flatside for years now. It is the same design as the Antron. Never really had any problems with this setup. Not sure about running the Maco though.

no guy wires..........self standing crank up with a 4'x4'x4' concrete and rebar block at its base

Its right at 45 foot to the boom
it can be lowered below the roof line .. if it get bad

no guy wires..........self standing crank up with a 4'x4'x4' concrete and rebar block at its base

Its right at 45 foot to the boom
it can be lowered below the roof line .. if it get bad
Nice... I have a similar looking 60' with mast self supported crank up tower but I have 6 element quad on it though. Can yours crank to fold over?I love that feature on mine. I don't have to climb the thing to work on my antenna.

Nice... I have a similar looking 60' with mast self supported crank up tower but I have 6 element quad on it though. Can yours crank to fold over?I love that feature on mine. I don't have to climb the thing to work on my antenna.

It has the lugs welded to the tower and base hinge plate to accept the crank over mechanism.
However , i do not have these parts installed .

I used my truck to stand it up on the hinge plate

antenna and mast are not that heavy....one man can handle it if the wind not blowing !!!!!!!!!!...... the tower is a different story...you will need mechanical means

I stood the retracted tower up with my truck..
then put the antenna together on the ground with the mast pipe in place.
then hauled it all up with a JLG and dropped it into place.....and bolted it down

I did the entire project by myself.... minus the hole digging and concrete pouring

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.