• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

magnum omega force s45hp

joespunn23

Jul 27, 2010
central new jersey
hello im new to the forum i have been brosing the web and been pricing the magnum omegaforce s45 hp was wondering if anyone out there has used this radio and what they thought of it , i am thinkinh of purchasing this radio along with a wilson 2000 with the 22" shaft with the coil in the middel with a 66" stinger on top since i have to mount the antenna on the trunk i figure with the 22" shaft would get the coil to the aprox. height of the roof since i can not mount the antenna on the roof dont have enough claerance between the roof and headliner , anyways does this sound like a good setup ? and should this radio be able to shoot skip with out a problem , thank you for your help

yes keep coils above roofline when mounted on trunl lid .you may encounter swr issues
cause lack of ground trunks usually have.extra greounding maybe needed

Magnum Omegaforce S-45HP Problems

I bought the Magnum Omegaforce S-45HP a week ago, Friday. The only thing that I have done to this radio, is the FREQUENCY CONVERSION ( CON3 & PRESSED THE RESET BUTTON FOR 10 SECONDS ). I connected the power up to the battery, using a Wilson 2000 Trucker antenna, good coax. My recieve is low, my signal meter is showing recieve, when I transmit on AM channel 22 (the center of the 11 meter band), it transmits on the LCD Display, but I am unable to have the signal meter show the Transmit signal. I connected my SWR/POWER Meter and that shows nothing on a dead key. I looked inside the radio and my ECHO & TALKBACK boards are different than what is shown on the Cbradiomagazine.com website/video, it is different than that shown on the Cbtricks.com website. Another thing is, is that above RV111, I have another RV pot, in the pictures that I have viewed, there is NOT supposed to be an RV pot in that location, by looking at the schematics that came with the Magnum Omegaforce S-45HP, it appears that it is covering/sitting on, C347 and D216 and D217 and C343 area, the RV pot is marked, 503 . The NTL 10M4D 1007 ( with the radio facing you, it is to the right of CQ33-455HT ) does not have what is shown in other pictures on it, not sure what it is supposed to be there, but it is not there, I have the Silver thing though. Next to the connection that the antenna connects to the board, just left of the PA plug, it says, 2nd Reproduction ( June2010 ). I am going to have my radio shop do a bench test on it this Thursday, but if if there is ANY INFORMATION, that YOU the FORUM can give me, it would be deeply deeply appreciated. I have owned this radio for a week and I have not been able to talk on it. I know that I am NOT having antenna issues, because I connected my PC-122XL, to the same power line that is coming from the battery, same antenna and coax, same SWR/POWER meter and it is talking just fine. I will have pics up soon. Again, if there is ANY INFORMATION, that YOU the FORUM can give me, it would be deeply deeply appreciated.

Last edited:
the maguam radios are good,but very noise in car...The ranger is better...if you ever fin a hr2510 or hr2600 or Lincon grab it,it is the best export radio by far to run mbl or base,73s de n0zna/John

if you ever fin a hr2510 or hr2600 or Lincon grab it,it is the best export radio by far to run mbl or base,73s de n0zna/John

thats highly debateable, especially if you are primarily using AM as the lincoln/hr2510/hr2600/hr2830 have low level AM modulation, for AM the president grant export is a better bet and if your running mainly ssb the president jackson is a better bet.

the only thing the lincoln series radios are better for is digital frequency readout but both of the other president radios have better performance.

I would have expected any quality radio shop to convert, tune, and align the radio before they shipped it out. Probably best to have your local shop bench test it at this point. Try the simple things, check conversion, check radio settings, try a different mic, make sure it has proper power. That radio has the RFX-75 on it and can draw 8-12 amps. Glad I bought my Magnum from Sparkys.

the maguam radios are good,but very noise in car...The ranger is better...if you ever fin a hr2510 or hr2600 or Lincon grab it,it is the best export radio by far to run mbl or base,73s de n0zna/John
The HR 2510 is basically a 10 meter HAM radio, with the CB frequencies "included". The HR 2510 was actually reviewed in the Ham radio magazine QST, which is published by the American Radio Relay League. They are excellent on SSB and for freebanding, and can be modified for very loud AM. All of the original President radios were made by Uniden, with the others more oriented towards CB operations.

I bought a barely used Magnum Omega Force 45HP and even before I tried it, I send it to Chris Holland to check it out. He aligned, peaked and tuned it. He also found a cold solder joint that was interfering with the receive. Got it back and installed it yesterday in my other truck. Tried it briefly and got great reports. I used a Wilson 5000 mag mount, unfortunately tuning it for 11 meters (CB) (1.2:1 on 1 & 40, 1.05:1 on 19 SWR readings) it put 10 meters at almost 3.0:1 SWR so will not be using on 10 meters yet. Thinking of getting another stinger and tuning it for 10 meters and marking the insertion height on the stinger for quick change.

I've had my OF S45HP for over a month, and I reasonably pleased with it. It does what it's supposed to do. I use it on both 10M and 11M. I use it in the base, and have a single antenna for 10M. Big Bob, here is what I do to allow operation on both 10 and 11M: Get a decent small antenna tuner, that will handle the power that your running. In my case, I use an MFJ 941D tuner, but any tuner will do. You might even try the RF Limited AT-KW1 which is rated at 1KW. For barefoot use, you can even use the Para-Dynamics/Astatic PDC-5 mini tuner. Next, acquire a bypass switch, (MFJ1705, about $20.). The PDC5 does not require a bypass switch, as it has one in the unit. Hook up the tuner to your antenna, and hook up your transceiver. Set the radio to the "wrong" band, i.e. 10M if it's an 11M antenna, or 11M if it's a 10M antenna. Transmit and tune the tuner to a 1:1 match. Hook up the bypass switch to the tuner, and you're good to go. Just switch the bypass switch to the tuner input, when your on the "wrong" band. You can easily make your own bypass switch. All you need is a aluminum mini-box, a large toggle switch, and some wire (or pieces of RG58 coax) and four SO-239's. Let me know if you need the schematic?

I also own a HR 2510, which I absolutely love.
The HR 2510 is basically a 10 meter HAM radio, with the CB frequencies "included". [...] They are excellent on SSB and for freebanding, and can be modified for very loud AM.
Do you have those "very loud AM" mods available? I'd love to do that to my 2510.

The WorldWide Radio Forum

Magnum OmegaForce S-45 HP 10 Meter Radio Review

66 inches of stinger is gonna be way too long according to wilson . but like every other antenna you will need to cut the stinger to tune the antenna to your installation . wilson gives rough estimates for stinger length for the 5 and 10 inch shaft trucker antenna and your 22 inch shaft will use an even shorter stinger .

Wilson Antenna Tech support - Antenna Cutting Guide

Booty i am in the process of ordering a 66" stinger. I have the Wilson 1000 mag mount and the stinger i have now on it will not give me a good SWR. It shows 1.4 on 27.185, And it will drop up towards 10 meter. Although i am thinking of going back to the 3-mag mount and the 10k antenna.

The HR 2510 is basically a 10 meter HAM radio, with the CB frequencies "included". The HR 2510 was actually reviewed in the Ham radio magazine QST, which is published by the American Radio Relay League. They are excellent on SSB and for freebanding, and can be modified for very loud AM. All of the original President radios were made by Uniden, with the others more oriented towards CB operations.

i think you'll find the exact opposite is true, the hr 2510/lincoln is nothing more than an export cb with 10m added to make it a cheap single band option for hams but more importantly to bodyswerve legislation in many countries.

inside its basically a not very good cb (along the lines of a midland 7001) with a fancy microprocessor and digital readout added.

use it on FM in a strong signal location and you'll find its shit for bleedover as FM was just an afterthough like most export cb's, to make it commercially viable in europe where FM is the predominent mode of operations.

on SSB the jackson is far superior and on AM the grant is superior.

try finding an original non fake MRF 477 for it nowadays, and if you do it will cost plenty.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated