• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

magnum S-3200B base new style

radioreddz

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Nov 20, 2005
so. maryland
has Magnum come out with the new 80 watt version of there S-3200B base yet, and does anybody have one. seems like an under rated base the old version works fine for the price. :? :?

i have had one of the older models for two years and have had absolutly no problems. always get great reports on SSB using a D104 with a 10A head. on AM it's a screamer using a EchoMax 2000 mic.dead key 2 watts & only about 18 watts of swing but thats all thats needed amp does the rest of the work. for what it is seems like a good buy. has pleanty of frequencies to use 8 banks to chose from i added a frequency counter a plug in option that gives out continuos read out . seems like a great low option low price base to give you all that the high price radios give with out a lot of bells and whistles. i got it so i don't have to run my tube radios and old classics all the time. would also make for a great starter radio for someone. not fancy but operable get's it done.

Reactions: Retro CB Guy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.