• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Maldol MH-511?

Brandon1

Mar 22, 2010
Youngsville, NC
Maldol MH-511 TriBand HT Antenna

Does anyone use this antenna? The reviews say that it is about the same as the stock antenna, which is fine for my application. Will it even increase performace, or does it stay the same?

I would be using this simply when I take my radio on my hip. I plan on keeping another HT antenna if I need to hit some farther off repeaters.

Thanks!

I have the MH-511 and really like the antenna. It does not work as good as the stock Yaesu antenna and certainly not better. It's beauty is the low profile with the ability to work reasonable strength repeaters or very close simplex. It was closest to the performance of the stock antenna on 2 meters but still weaker then the stock antenna. Was a little weaker on 440. Much less signal on 6 meters and deaf on 800 MHz if you monitor there. If you're using it to work your local repeaters it's perfect.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.