• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Messenger M4V Amplifier 650W 9 Transistor

kd7joe

Electronics Tech
Jul 24, 2010
650 Watt hf amplifier
1- sd1446 driving 8- sd1446
mobile 12v $300.00 shipped priority mail. OBO
usps money order only.
blazer620@yahoo.com

322540.jpg

Internals
001.jpg

Reactions: preston creasey

it was designed to be a clean ab biased amp not a over driven class c splatter box .

Thanks for the emails, I will post this,
The earlier messengers did come with motorola transistors. The later production runs came with sd1446 transistors. This is a good thing as they are easily found.

Yes the ground cable is soldered directly on the pills ground and a copper strip covers the top of all the transistors. The flash makes it look like some of them are not covered but they are.
Thanks!

These are nice amplifier I also was surprised to see the SD1446 transistors though. These are nice amplifiers and run quite clean (IF) You dont pound the p!$$ out of them.

They were quite clean on SSB I am thinking the Amperage drw shouldnt be to bad with these transistors in it. I wish that this compant still made amplifiers there were some pretty darn good companies that made amplifiers but they always seem to stop production and dissapear like the original palomar company that produced the TX-5200 HF multiband amplifier I have with actual band filtering selector.

yep wow, thats a real bargain, sweet sounding on ssb and relatively clean compared to most cb amps for the price of a pos 2pill comp box, good luck(y)

that is a smoking deal !! cant believe its still up for grabs !!!
i couldnt afford the amps to feed it even if i had the bucks for the amp .

I am open to trades... I need a watt meter for hf vhf uhf operation, Part cash and trade? shoot me some offers.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated