• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mic fo Yaesu FT-101ZD

PALADIN

Aug 26, 2009
piedmont, sc
:) Hi to all. Bought a Yaesu FT-101ZD at the Shelby, NC hamfest. Did not have a mic. with it. Found a mic. in the outside flea market that was wired for the rig, but, when I got back to his spot, he had closed for the day and left. He wanted $50.00 for it.It looked in good condition. I should have got it when I had the chance.:cry::cry::cry:So, does anyone have one or know of one I might get? Thanks in advance for help.(Oh, BTW, I passed my test and got General. Should get my call this week.)

Moleculo

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 14, 2002
You could always get an aftermarket mic to work with it. Or keep your eyes on ebay....

ki4kmn

Jun 28, 2009
I see you are in Piedmont. I am not too far away in Easley. Send me a PM if you are interested in a D-104 ready to use on ft-101zd for $45.

big mike

Oct 17, 2009
Upstate, NY
I used a Heil Goldline (GM) with mine, they also have a Goldline Vintage (GMV) for the vintage radios.....always had great audio reports with the GM on my "ZD" and my "E"....

Mike

A Shure 444 or 444D would sound great on the FT-101ZD, and I have one wired for it.

Presently, I'm using a like new (new old stock) Shure 522 desk mic on my mint Ft-101ZD Mk III. The response curve is the same on this Shure as that of a Heil Gold Line.

Shure 522 picture

Find these mics on eBay for a song... I did. They're unidirectional, provide plenty of drive, have a wonderful response curve, and sound fantastic!

Good luck.

kd-5-bgt

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Nov 10, 2007
Joplin Missouri area
I have seen the Shure 444 or 444D on alot of FT 101 radios and they all sounded great.Also seen a few D-104 mics and they sounded great to.A bit more tinny that the Shure but still sounded great

Captain Kilowatt

Professional Amateur
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nova Scotia,Canada
I have to agree with the Shure 444. Whatever you get be sure it is a high impedance type. Those older radios like to see around 50K ohms at the microphone plug.

Chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Moleculo:
    check. check. is this thing on?
  • dxBot:
    sp5it has joined the room.
  • sp5it:
    test
  • dxBot:
    Marconi has joined the room.
  • BJ radionut:
    Looks weird but see how it works!!!:cool:
  • BJ radionut:
    Good Morning Radio Maniac's:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
  • dxBot:
    357 has joined the room.
  • 357:
    wtf happened?
  • dxBot:
    tba02 has joined the room.
  • tba02:
    Radio check
  • dxBot:
    ButtFuzz has joined the room.
  • ButtFuzz:
    Check baby, check baby 1 - 2 - 3 ?
  • ButtFuzz:
    New year, new code!
  • dxBot:
    144inBama has joined the room.
  • Moleculo:
    There was an issue early on with the chat where the messages where the color white, so you couldn't see it. I wasn't sure if I fixed it for only myself or everyone. How does it look?
  • 144inBama:
    I can see it....
  • ButtFuzz:
    I can see it. Everything looks like Microsoft Calibri TTF now, which is good.
  • dxBot:
    Riverman has joined the room.
  • dxBot:
    TM86 has joined the room.
  • TM86:
    +1
  • AudioShockwav:
    Test.
    AudioShockwav: Test.