• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Notice: You may not use this site to facilitate the unauthorized selling of copyrighted material including, but not limited to, in the public dxForums, dxGallery, dxChat and private messsages. If you get caught doing this, you will be permanently banned with no second chances. A notice will be placed on the site of why you were banned and any information collected by this site about you will be made known to the copyright holder.

Mic fo Yaesu FT-101ZD

PALADIN

Aug 26, 2009
piedmont, sc
:) Hi to all. Bought a Yaesu FT-101ZD at the Shelby, NC hamfest. Did not have a mic. with it. Found a mic. in the outside flea market that was wired for the rig, but, when I got back to his spot, he had closed for the day and left. He wanted $50.00 for it.It looked in good condition. I should have got it when I had the chance.:cry::cry::cry:So, does anyone have one or know of one I might get? Thanks in advance for help.(Oh, BTW, I passed my test and got General. Should get my call this week.)

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
You could always get an aftermarket mic to work with it. Or keep your eyes on ebay....

ki4kmn

Jun 28, 2009
I see you are in Piedmont. I am not too far away in Easley. Send me a PM if you are interested in a D-104 ready to use on ft-101zd for $45.

big mike

Oct 17, 2009
Upstate, NY
I used a Heil Goldline (GM) with mine, they also have a Goldline Vintage (GMV) for the vintage radios.....always had great audio reports with the GM on my "ZD" and my "E"....

Mike

A Shure 444 or 444D would sound great on the FT-101ZD, and I have one wired for it.

Presently, I'm using a like new (new old stock) Shure 522 desk mic on my mint Ft-101ZD Mk III. The response curve is the same on this Shure as that of a Heil Gold Line.

Shure 522 picture

Find these mics on eBay for a song... I did. They're unidirectional, provide plenty of drive, have a wonderful response curve, and sound fantastic!

Good luck.

kd-5-bgt

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Nov 10, 2007
Joplin Missouri area
I have seen the Shure 444 or 444D on alot of FT 101 radios and they all sounded great.Also seen a few D-104 mics and they sounded great to.A bit more tinny that the Shure but still sounded great

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.