1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

MIDLAND RADIO ADJUSTMENTS

Discussion in 'CB Radio Modifications' started by AudioShockwav, Jul 24, 2011.

1. johnny9

johnny9 Active Member

in case anyone else needed this info,these 3 adjustments are right beside the power transformer.
    rv302 audio..i opened it up.no difference for me tho

rv301 ssb mic gain

rv303 ssb power.

so as of now i cant change my deadkey,the cb shop said he needed to do that:sad: i did mark some spots and try a few diff pots on the right side in the circut board area but couldnt find it so left everything as it was.

on am i have a 5 watt dead key and no swing..f-500 dk is 110watts and no swing.
    ssb is 10 watt dk and 12 swing.. 130watt dk with amp ,swings to 210watts
    does anything here sound like im driving the amp to hard..
    the am 5 watt am dead key worries me but it has no swing on am.
    no clue if this is too much for ssb tho i rarely use ssb "yet"
    amp is the f-500,,goodnight fellas;)

2. Lil'Yeshua

Lil'Yeshua .......

I'll second that. :D

3. Dragon13662

Dragon13662 Member

L112, L113 and L114 are the 3 wire would pots in the back right hand corner of board (looking at top of unit)

4. Dragon13662

Dragon13662 Member

L112, L113 and L114 are in back right hand corner of unit looking down on unit while it faces you. they are wire wrapped round pots.

5. sunbulls

sunbulls Sr. Member

Did you say "ssb is 10 watt dk and 12 swing"??? If you actually have 10 watts dead key on SSB, your carrier balance is way out of adjustment. In all cases you should have next to 0 watts dead key on SSB. Maybe you would be better off letting a tech make all those adjustments.

6. Robert Cook Sr

Robert Cook Sr New Member

I need to turn Dead key down on a 13-882C radio,its been teeked out before I got it, keying around 7 modulating to 10 now, I want to use a RK 200p box with it