• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mods For Washington Base

Guardian

Aug 19, 2008
Can i put diferent finals and drivers in this radio and put extra freqs in it . It has a upd858 pll. Thanks Doug

Doesn't that already have a 1969 final in it?

Here's how you put extra freq's in it:

If pin 10 of the PLL is tied low, remove the ground and pull the pin high to go down 64 channels. If the pin is tied high, remove the voltage and ground the pin to go up 64 channels. Of course, you would install a switch to do this on the fly while using the radio...

I actually have a video tape for mods to this radio I got it with a washington I bought and eventually sold I actually never even looked at whats on the tape for mods im sure channels and clarifier Ill have to look.

Im not sure Ill have to check if its 858 /8719 or all of them Ill look. Otherwise I could have zipped it to a DVD but if its 8719 pll only owell I tried because thats how I am :D .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.