• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Morse Code update

This means basiclly...

that those who are curranly tech class licenced
they need to study and or simply take element 3 and pass the written porsion of currant general class requirements (and pass it ofcourse)..
then simply wait for it to be officially anounced that code is no longer required for general class privilges..

then those who passed tech (element 2) and general (element 3) will simply be grandfathered to full general class privliges (so long as this takes place within 12 months of those passing both emement 2 and 3)..

why not while at it go further and take and pass writted Extra

Later

then those who passed tech (element 2) and general (element 3) will simply be grandfathered to full general class privliges (so long as this takes place within 12 months of those passing both emement 2 and 3)..

Haha, ME.

I really don't care if they drop it or not. I'll still pass element 1 and finish my general, or, not need element 1.

You can wait for this to happen - maybe tomorrow, maybe a year or two from tomorrow.

OR you can learn Morse code at a piddly five words per minute and get on HF a lot sooner.

The FCC said, in the NPRM related to droppiing element 1 that NO licensees were going to get grandfathered. They were vary clear about this.

If you take and pass elements 2 and 3 to get the general ticket and do not take the code test, hoping that the FCC will soon act, you're on thin ice. Remember that the CSCE is only good for a year. After that expires, you must retest. That's the present rule and nothing has been said about people with good CSCEs.for element 3.

Anyone who passed element 3 in 2004 have lost their credits. Anyone who tested in 2005 will have their certs expire this year. If the FCC does nothing regarding the code test this year, you'll have to retest. As I write this, it is 2/18/06. If your CESE was issued on 2/17/05, you're out of the picture under present rules. You'll have to retest the passed elements unless the FCC were to change the rule regarding the credit and CSCE. And as I've said, nothing has been indicated about those certs.

It's completely up to you. You can test now and wait to see what happens, if anything, or bite the bullet and take the code exam. Taking and passing the code test with the written elements gets you into ham radio almost immediately. If you decide to wait, you may be waitng for an unknown period and the cert will expire while you wait.

Very easy. First is J and M. Goes for 5 min. It adds one more letter at a time, with the letter displayed after you hear it. I share the computer room with the kids, so it's hard to concentrate with them playing games. I hope to get enough "quiet time" to study before my year runs out. :D

Once you start to learn the individual letters, numbers & prosigns, try this link www.aa9pw.com/radio/morse.html

This site has audio files of code practice that you play, and has the text written out so you can check your copy against what is actually sent. It is very similar to what you will get in the code test.

I have become pretty good at hearing individual characters.
I can score into the 90 percent range when listening to a practice drill with Morse Academy, but I am trying to get more comfortable before I take the test. I have the General theory done, and need to pass the code before November '06, so it is getting time to pass this thing.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated