1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Move over 2000GTL...

Discussion in 'Station & Mobile Pics' started by WR0220, Sep 24, 2009.

1. WR0220

WR0220 Active Member

I've used several radios on the 11m band, but always found myself going back to the good ole reliable 2000GTL. Well, it may be playing second fiddle from now on. Below is the radio that will be taking over the #1 spot in the shack for 11m communications:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Robb

Robb Yup

I've got one too. It is just sitting around and doing nothing. I don't have the BC 2000 unit as you do. I have used it before and it sounds wonderful, SSB is xlnt! The meters on it are very nice, and the recieve audio is also very decent - compared to a lot of radios I've used before.

3. TonyV225

TonyV225 W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

CANT SAY IVE EVER SET MY EYES ON ONE OF THESE VERY INTERESTING TO SAY THE LEAST. (y)

4. Slim

Slim Active Member

Always wanted to "try" one back in my CB days,but they're so expensive!
    Excellent reviews from most users/owners and I always liked their appearance.
    Slim.

5. TonyV225

TonyV225 W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

Its kind of like the ARF-2001 radio another Ive never owned.

6. when i was a teen in roanoke rapids NC back in the latter 70,s Mr. Clean was one of the local smoke blowers . he had a cobra 139xlr (with a D104) , a 10 tube (i think) elkin amp going into a superscanner about 40 or 50 feet in the air and he sounded fantastic ! . he replaced the cobra with the CPI 2000 and he had the seperate CPI preamp with it . he sounded as good as ever as best as i can recall 30 years later . he kept using the CPI , i dont recall if he sold or kept the cobra , but i didnt see it on his desk anymore when i went over there . another MR. clean (in lil washington NC) used to set our stuff up for us ........ those were the days ;)

not a pretty as a 2000 IMO , but definately can be as good . id be tickled to have either !

congrats on a nice find !!!

7. C2

C2 Sr. Member

nice rig

8. cbkidd1

cbkidd1 Well-Known Member

Nice looking radio. I have had a lot of radios. But i never seen or had one like that.

9. WR0220

WR0220 Active Member

Here's a link to some info about these radios:

http://www.turboclub.com/radio/cp2000.html

I'm looking for the WM1000 meter and a desk mic if anyone knows where I can find them... ;)

10. Crusher

Crusher Well-Known Member

I seen one a few years back at a CB shop in ohio, I think he had a price tag of $900 for the unit. Itold him he was crazy. But it is a nice radio

11. Mike Gain

Mike Gain Member

I'm starting to drool again.

12. packrat

packrat Active Member

I had one when they were fairly new, and didnt keep it long. Didnt impress me much. Nice to look at though.

PR

13. triple nickle

triple nickle Active Member

I have to admit i have never had one and never seen one until now. Hmmmm not bad. Thanks for the pics.