• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Move over 2000GTL...

WR0220

Oct 26, 2008
DX Land
I've used several radios on the 11m band, but always found myself going back to the good ole reliable 2000GTL. Well, it may be playing second fiddle from now on. Below is the radio that will be taking over the #1 spot in the shack for 11m communications:

cpicp2000_01.jpg

cpicp2000_02.jpg

cpicp2000_03.jpg

cpibc2000_01.jpg

cpibc2000_02.jpg

I've got one too. It is just sitting around and doing nothing. I don't have the BC 2000 unit as you do. I have used it before and it sounds wonderful, SSB is xlnt! The meters on it are very nice, and the recieve audio is also very decent - compared to a lot of radios I've used before.

when i was a teen in roanoke rapids NC back in the latter 70,s Mr. Clean was one of the local smoke blowers . he had a cobra 139xlr (with a D104) , a 10 tube (i think) elkin amp going into a superscanner about 40 or 50 feet in the air and he sounded fantastic ! . he replaced the cobra with the CPI 2000 and he had the seperate CPI preamp with it . he sounded as good as ever as best as i can recall 30 years later . he kept using the CPI , i dont recall if he sold or kept the cobra , but i didnt see it on his desk anymore when i went over there . another MR. clean (in lil washington NC) used to set our stuff up for us ........ those were the days ;)

not a pretty as a 2000 IMO , but definately can be as good . id be tickled to have either !

congrats on a nice find !!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.