1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

MRF 455 mod board

Discussion in 'Home Brew' started by rfoverlord, Feb 2, 2008.

1. rfoverlord

rfoverlord guardian of freedom

Does anyone know of anywhere that is selling the mrf 455 & board for the 2510 and or lincoln since 477 & 497 are scarce? I would like to find one to have a as spare, as i have a spare 477 but i would like all the spare parts i can think of for these radios.

2. rfoverlord

No one has done the change over? I know i can mount one on the heat sink, i just thought it would be easier to have it on a board.

3. DIRTYWHITEBOY

DIRTYWHITEBOY Active Member

I must have got lucky,my lincoln came with the 455 final.(y)

4. AudioShockwav

AudioShockwav Extraterrestrial Admin
    Staff Member

This was pulled off of rogerbirds Page.
    I still do not know were to get the board unless it can be had from Uniden.
    Hope it helps a little.

Jeff

5. Switch Kit

Switch Kit Active Member

The things we do for a little more never siezes to amaze me. :)

6. rfoverlord

(y) Thanks guys for the replies, i have all of rogerbirds mods on one of my computers. I wasn't doing it for a power increase, it was for spare parts if needed, i all ready have the 497 in it, which is funny because i still run the factory power setting out of it, just runs cooler. I haven't run it mobile in over 2 years just power them ( i have 2) up for a weekend to keep them "fresh". I just thought it would be nice to have a spare around but it's not that important to me.

7. spider451

spider451 Member

sir i can make what u ask for out of copper clad and with a dremel tool pretty easy as i was doing it for years in galaxy radios based on the board u are asking about.

8. Wire Weasel

Wire Weasel Senior Moment

RF Parts in California should have the final. If they don't have your RF part....then it may not exist.

[​IMG]

9. rfoverlord

wow! I can't believe anyone would read this old post. My origninal 2510 with the chip switch, and the detector diode mod has a 497 in it. not that i really need another since i no longer run a 2510, but i know that it works and i have a spare. kinda like my boomer 250 sittin on a shelf next to a TS 350hdv and 500hdv with active biasing(peekaboo). I'd rather let them sit then have some punk run around the neighborhood splattering.
    But thanks for the reply, I already have an account with RF parts since i get most of my parts from them.:)

10. mechanic

mechanic Well-Known Member

There is a fellow that can get MFR477s, $38 plus shipping AND in limited supply... I too worry about my 2510s, all three and a HTX-100.

mechanic

11. rfoverlord

:D thanks for the info about someone still having a surplus. I might have to pull out one of them since the XYL got her license. Just set it up as a dedicated tech radio.