• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MY PEE-WEE STATION

Switch Kit

Apr 6, 2005
I suppose I got some nerve here huh ? Looks like I'd just be a snack for somebody like HungryJack !! Oh what the hell !! It works pretty darn well for me from time to time all the same.
1983 Cobra 25 LTD / TRB-1 Echo Board
Older Cobra XL450 (4 X 454s)
Telex Road King -56
Wilson 5000 roof mount
My home made toy box/6 recorder chips and 5 standard toys
im002353vw1.jpg

im002356xg5.jpg

im002361hz9.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

yeah I bet you get better gas mileage though. Looks good bro. Kept it nice and neat too.

mileage could be better for a small 4 ....29 city /37 highway ....I've seen 40 highway on a few occasions /no air or ratch'in jawing of course. Thanks alot fellas' !! .....I have fun with my Pee-Station ,looking to get one of those bad ass voice changers in the future. (-:

no big deal on the fans Bear ....4in.er's ....Im fairly sure you can pick them up at any PC store for about 3 dollars a piece with the chrome grills ......mounting would be your choice.

hey switchkit it dont matter if its got eighteen wheels and is fifty feet long or four wheels and eleven feet long,its still mobile and it is still capable of putting a signal round the world on the right day! 73's

I'll have to agree with you there Crusader !! 73's right back at cha !! Shoot Man !! I think IM making it all the way to England !!! Got me some PC skip go'in on !! Happy Holidays !!

Got to love those wide open spaces !! along with those oldie but goodie Turner mic's !! That's one hell of a passenger you got going on there Cursader !! (-: .......Don't get me wrong here , I love my little set up !! and I do a very good job. I don't have a base station nowadays because of where I live , most folks can't believe it's a 25LTD for the most part when IM talking (no back ground noise with the RK and just a touch of echo with the trb-1 really does sound like a base). I really think it's that cobra amp that gets me around the corner for the most part. IM pleased. I miss SSB from time to time but I was never that much of a sidebander over the years and only being mobile nowadays it really tends to slow my radio operating down. I've been into radio since 1986 and haven't had a base since 98 ....condo living will not allow it and it's really the best bet I have going for me these days. (I some times think it's for the best in more ways then one for a guy like me and my opinions and a newer woman in my life who tends to need all the attention I can give her(it still seems like it's never enough? I just don't get it some times?) Thanks for sharing there Crusader as well as the comment there rfloverlord. You guys have a great Christmas !!

same this way switch kit, only use the radio in the mobile,no station at home.i had a real bad attack of the "TIM THE TOOLMAN TAYLOR'S" one day ,and threw together a little m.d.f.shelf that sat on the passenger seat.the leg was hinged so it could fold away for storage. i think i only used it twice and then changed the car! as for the wide open spaces,theres nothing better than skip with a great view! i will try and post a few more mobile station pics soon.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.