• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My RF Ammeters

nfsus

Yeah its turned off, touch it
May 9, 2011
Arkansas
Kool boxing. Looks very slick. So how many amps make a watt? What? A watt? Yeah a what. No a watt. Huh

How many watts can you run through a 10amp relay? Hf freq range

DTB Radio

Sep 14, 2005
Carlisle, PA. USA
www.dtbradio.com
Kool boxing. Looks very slick. So how many amps make a watt? What? A watt? Yeah a what. No a watt. Huh

How many watts can you run through a 10amp relay? Hf freq range

Ohms law for power when current and resistance are known is Power = Current squared times Resistance. Assuming the 10-amp current is through a 50-ohm load, we then get Power = 10 * 10 * 50 = 5000 watts. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: AudioShockwav

brandon7861

Nov 28, 2018
Ohms law for power when current and resistance are known is Power = Current squared times Resistance. Assuming the 10-amp current is through a 50-ohm load, we then get Power = 10 * 10 * 50 = 5000 watts. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
...and 5kW/10A=500v RMS or 1415V peak-peak (and twice that if you have a high SWR). This is why relays have voltage ratings! Even if nothing arced over, it can still melt passing 5kW. They have a specific VA rating in mind when they manufacture them, it's not just the current.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I hope he did not ask that question on the "ZED" he would get vaporized...75% telling in some "polite way" are you going to put up a "REAL" antenna? The rest telling him that's the greatest antenna ever with my 7300o_O:coffee:
  • @ Roadstar:
    still the dx wa 135 antenna
  • @ cbjunkie:
    test
  • @ cbjunkie:
    the guy qrming 27385l is on 27383 is Matt K2YCK in New York for info very bad operator causing intententional
  • @ cbjunkie:
    bleedover to 27385lsb