• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Natural Tower

Chong

Feb 5, 2006
DX land Ohio
It sure is nice having a natural tower being a ham hehe and its also nice to have cheech (look in the tree) to put my antennas up there. In the tree i have at the top an antron99 then the next lowest is a quarter wave 2 meter antenna and the lowest antenna is my 40/80 dipole. Next thing going up is a hustler g6 for 2 meter.
IMG_0005-3.jpg

IMG_0006-3.jpg

IMG_0007-3.jpg

IMG_0008-2.jpg

IMG_0009-2.jpg

Last edited:

I wish we had trees that tall in New Mexico. All I have is 60 ft powerlines surrounding my house.

that sucks

thats the only tall pine i got in my yard but theres also 5 other trees just as tall but sense the pine is closest to my shack and its the easiest to climb thats where the antennas go. Also i got some more pictures from up in the tree here they are
IMG_0014-3.jpg

IMG_0015-3.jpg

IMG_0012-4.jpg

IMG_0011-3.jpg

Chong that is up there alright. I had the same idea at my place twice over the last 30 years. First one was a big stick in a pine, and lightning got it and destroyed the tree as a result. Many years later I put an A99 in another pine and it was up about three years and in the early spring of the fourth year the tree died. I had the tree cut down and I checked the entire tree and it was not infected. It was 37" at the base and was very tall. I think that RF may have had something to do with killing the tree. Something to watch for.

tree

Thanks for the advice ill watch to make sure i don't kill the tree.That trees been there so long it would be very odd not having it there. We got the idea to put antennas in that tree because at my old shack we did the same thing except it wasn't as high and it wasn't a pine. Hopefully it'll work out alright i know i can talk pretty good with antennas up that high.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated