• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NEED INFO ON SUPERSTAR 360 FM PCB 010

If you have the Equip to do an alignment of the transmitter, that is the best bet.
For just a quick touch up, VR-14( corrected VR Number) Is the AM Mod control, and maybe a good power mic.
Cheap and dirty talk back, find diode D-80, pull one end of it and insert a switch in series with it.....switch open, talk back on, switch closed talk back off.
I am not a real fan of talk back, causes more feedback problems than it is worth really.

Jeff

Last edited:
Reactions: RT431
Thanks Robb
but what i am having trouble finding on the board is r 249 i was told that clipping this might give more modulation as right now with the VR14 wide open i am only seeing 75% and it should be set at 90%

also i am told that removing D80 should give me talk back i am just having trouble finding them on the board any help would be good a pic would be ( grate )(y) thanks wayne .

Carrier Balance on this board.
With no Audio Input, Upper Sideband Mode, key transmitter, and adjust VR7 for min output at antenna Jack, recheck carrier suppression on Lower Side Band, which should be the same.
I had it in my head it was the other board.

Jeff

H i guys no VR7 is ok i dont touch any thing till i am real shure where it is and what it dos i ask are D80 and VR 249 near a big gray or silver looking
cylinder on the s/ rf meater side of radio doward the back i think that is where they might be but things are so close there ?? again thanks for the help

HI
just an update i did finde 249 clipped it did not make much diff ( so maybe i have a weak part some where ) i also cliped D 80 and it did nothing no talkback so o well but thanks fore the help (y)

Any way to do both 10kc up and down on this radio I see unit 399 has the mod for just up on a page he made.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.