• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need Peak & Tune Info Teledex TE-4000

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
Need Peak & Tune Info Tedelex TE-4000

Hi troops,

Picked up a Tedelex TE-4000 40ch AM mobile. No info found on cbtricks or google. Looking for peak & tune adjustments, any mods.

Any help?

TNX !!

interview.gif

Last edited:

Hi guys, Note the corrected spelling. Had Teledex. Correct is Tedelex.

Radio was made in Japan for Tedelex Electronics which is out of South Africa of all places. Still in biz but no longer offers a CB. I have an email into them and we'll see what that they come up with. Have inquired about a service manual. Radio is working fine, just want to increase modulation. Power already seems peaked. A smokin' 4 watts swinging to 8. One power adjustment was obvious to find. Standard 4 pin mic but not Cobra/Uniden wiring. Here's a pic

Last edited:
Cyberneticism

My fellow modulator,

That is most assuredly a Cybernet AM chassis with the PLL02A chip. Open the thing up (you may have to take off bottom AND top covers) and get the circuit board number or revision.

It will be something like: PTBM027AOX, PTBM049COX, etc...

Then, go here:
ButtFuzz' PLL Peak Tweak
and find your peaky-tweaky information by circuit board type.

Voila!

And you're gettin' on up...

cybernet as in Midland. 02A chip. This one looks just like a Boman. The receive on these radios are very good. Good clean audio with a 600 ohm stock mic. They are wired Midland , 1 is audio/ 2 is ground /3 is receive / 4 is transmit.

RV2 should be modulation , you power pots are in the topless can towards the back , should be 3 of them. Now , that radio should be around or over 30 years old. The pots are plastic with cermic plugs in them , hexogon shape , some put drops of glue into them and they will brake if you try and move them (not all) you want to go slow and easy on them.

If they don't move ? leave um alone , the modulation will bring up the pep swing if that's all you can get. These radios were never big swingers , if you got 20 pep out of them ? YOU GOT A GOOD ONE !! More like 5DK to 16 or so was the norm , at least what ever I saw out of those.

so your 4 watt DK as it is ain't bad , once you turn the modulation up you should get about 15 to 16 pep out of it. As I said , these radios with there own stock mic's have a telephone quality audio to them and the receive on them is very good. The 02A chip mods very easily for both upper and lower freeband channels. I usually just go for the one switch on the radio that will give me about 10 channels below channel 1 beings that it's only a AM radio.
This works great. But use pin 9 instead of 8.
02A1.gif

1)Cut the Trace going to PIN #11.
2)Solder a 3.3 K resistor across the cut.
3)Solder 1 leg of a SPST switch to PIN #8.
4)Solder the other leg to PIN #11.
[SIZE=+2]1 - 26.805 . . . . . . . 4 - 26.845 . . . . . . . 7 - 26.875[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]2 - 26.815 . . . . . . . 5 - 26.855 . . . . . . . 8 - 26.895[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]3 - 26.825 . . . . . . . 6 - 26.865 . . . . . . . 9 - 26.905[/SIZE]

You guys are wizards! Thanks for all your efforts!!

Info found to be basically correct. Does use the 02A PLL and VR2 did adjust the modulation. It was turned way down....now turned way up (y)

Keying 5 swinging to 15 with easy mod peaks over 100%

Is a neat little radio. I'm going to stick it out in the truck for a few days and see how it performs, particularly on receive...how good the noise blanking is. might just be a decent little back up radio.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.