• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Radios vs. Old School Uniden

Slam Dunk

Jul 11, 2006
I have an Emperor 5010 /Alan 9001 (European version of a Pres. Lincoln), works great and does everything it's supposed to do.

So, how does this radio stack up to the newer radios?

I like the 5010 because it is easy to work on (no surface mounted parts or micro-fine printed circuit boards) and I always get good reports with it.

I am not interested in 100 watts out of a CB radio because it creates problems; too many watts for other applications.

Do the newer radios talk better or hear better than the 2510 series of radios?

some newer radios CB or 10 meter have (lets say, temp lets pay for this update to fix it problems pep power,receive poor and or bleed-over problems)

and it depends on the radio, some are still built without the SM stuff and have mosfets for drivers and or finals and pills built in so that really would be a a hard question to answer in the long run....

that radio you have is fine....Emperor 5010 /Alan 9001 (European version of a Pres. Lincoln)
out there I am right its FM only? can't transmit on AM right?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.