• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Ranger RCI-63FFC2

AudioShockwav

Extraterrestrial
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nor Cal Sierra Nevada
Another new radio from Ranger, RCI-63FFC2

www.rangerusa.com/rci-63ffc2.html

rci-63ffc2-sm.jpg

backrci63ffc2.jpg

Jeff

i will pass

my ranger radio days are many years behind me

they served their purpose well though back in the day

KI4MSJ said:
It would be better if it had SSB.

Most truckers use AM so they build for the sales that is why I believe Stryker isnt giving that much priority on a SSB rig

And dont be fooled, this is just a high powered CB

at the rate the way things are going in society , these types of radios will also be banned from trucking companies . From what I already understand , many of the companies say NO as it already is unless the drivers have tickets to prove they can own them.This is why 1969/mosfet mod's are very popular here in the Los Angeles area over the last 5 years or so concerning cb radio's and the trucking companies. I have a buddy that drives for Von's markets , he said you get caught with 10 meter export or amp in there trucks you will get written up and so on.

i would really like to see a new Dx ranger with lcd display with the digital meters displayed on the lcd with the freq counter. blue with white numbers. maybe you could even turn a knob to change the color to your liking and even invert the numbers from white to black. also with the meters.

just a thought. maybe a better heat sink on hte amped versions.
built in fans instead of a after thought in a kit.

they are due for an update. the look is just getting old.

as far as the radio up top. looks good if your into chrome and bling. AM and FM with 200 watts. if i was going to buy a mobil and only wanted AM had some real dark windows to hide that thing in there.

i would defintaley consider that radio before the high powered conexs that are out.

QRN said:
I see the "Band" switch has been replaced with a "Frequency Pool" switch instead. ;)
they been using the freq. pool switch for a while now.there
on the 6900/and 6300.if i were to get a high powered am/fm
radio it would be the connex4300-300

Switch Kit said:
at the rate the way things are going in society , these types of radios will also be banned from trucking companies . From what I already understand , many of the companies say NO as it already is unless the drivers have tickets to prove they can own them.This is why 1969/mosfet mod's are very popular here in the Los Angeles area over the last 5 years or so concerning cb radio's and the trucking companies. I have a buddy that drives for Von's markets , he said you get caught with 10 meter export or amp in there trucks you will get written up and so on.

This radio is perfect for running our convoy on 28.085MHz, breaka breaka!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.