• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

new toy!

this is my new toy(Nitro 300A 5 tube) I am working with...does anywhere around
600-900(with a drake LP filter inline) 4 swinging 10 into it...I need to clean it up and fix the AM light but all works great skipping out loud and proud.
but looking for a schematic on this...
Nitro300A.JPG

and for all you great tube techs..don't start whining about 4 watts only..I don't need book chat...:p

Transel

I have the Transel Magnum 600, 10 tubes 1+2+7 config, does 900 deadkey, 1500 pep with 4 watt in without breaking a sweat, been looking for schematic also, very little info on the internet...They made the Dynamite-150, Nitro-300 and the Magnum-600, The transel company who made these are no longer in business. If you find something let me know and I will do the same. (Someone someware must have owners manuals or schematics)....

Hey Lords

Have you found that to be "touchy" (for lack of a better word) when you tune it?
I have a local that has one, and either he has uncoordinated fingers, or is doing something wrong.

Just curious. Looks sharp, btw.

Mark

I stand corrected. There is a Transel Corp. in Ohio But after calling them I learned they aren't the people who made the Nitro, Magnum etc. Then I found this
http://4dw.net/triplel/CBlinks/
There wasn't a link so I emailed and waiting on response...
I'm thinking about getting the 'little black book'..I was told that it may not have a direct scheme it will have similar designs.
....just a thought

73's

SmackDown.ya I been there and emailed to..so waiting for a response!

the other guy I emailed about his was,and all I asked was;
what else would you want beside a gun for it...
I have one of these amps and it does about 1000watts.....pep
but my real question is can you get me a schematic for this amp..

Well heres what he wrote!..lol..Wow..
no schematic. Ive seen this amp swing 600 on low.This was the personal amp of a ham shop owner.I will take 225.00 for it with meter .Will split shipping cost .Might be high this thing is heavy

I do know there is a conversion for it but will this conversion make it 1500 watts we don't know this ..so for now why mess with something that works,I do know 6lQ6's are some good tubes..

station 716
Have you found that to be "touchy" (for lack of a better word) when you tune it?
I have a local that has one, and either he has uncoordinated fingers, or is doing something wrong.

Just curious. Looks sharp, btw.

as in that big knob I just have to turn? If so it has built in bearings and is greased up so its tight but not to the point it will move at a touch! it is also centered so when I do tune it I can see the load up or down but not quickly...

as in that big knob I just have to turn? If so it has built in bearings and is greased up so its tight but not to the point it will move at a touch! it is also centered so when I do tune it I can see the load up or down but not quickly...[/quote]

I figured it's just him; I'll go show him how to do it this weekend...enjoy it man!

Mark

station 716 said:
as in that big knob I just have to turn? If so it has built in bearings and is greased up so its tight but not to the point it will move at a touch! it is also centered so when I do tune it I can see the load up or down but not quickly...

I figured it's just him; I'll go show him how to do it this weekend...enjoy it man!

Mark[/quote]

lol thanks,and I sure will enjoy it...
BTW if he did clean the bearings out it will spin like the wheel on
Wheel Of Fortune..it needs grease

I have one of these amplifiers and it is not in good working condition, I need to know if it is supposed to have 2 transformers or just one? and where can I get 6lq6 tubes cheap!~!!!lol I sure would appreciate any information on this magnu 600 by transel corp. thank you..................

fireman621

TranSel is still in business although they no longer make those amps. I have a Nitro 300 also. They are located in Ohio. My Nitro 300 has 6lq6's.
Amateur Antennas, CB antennas, CB Radios, Amateur Microphones,CB Microphones, Coaxial connectors, Mounting brackets, Electronic Kits, Scanners, Coax Cable by Transel Technologies
Maybe the scheme is on microfilm ???

Best place, after you find the MFG, is the USPTO.

US Patent Trademark Office.

Schematics are usually filed with them to protect the "intellectual property" (can anything CB be considered intellectual? :p )

--Toll_Free

Magnum diagram

recently came across a very basic Magnum 600 schematic original owner has several hand written notes. Diagram is on a 14x17 old school blue "xerox" copy paper. Still any interest?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.