• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Northpoint

I had the first NT3HP ProtoType few years back. It did ok. They tried some different things that did not pan out. I dunno what the latest batch are like personally. But some like them some do not.

I got a new northpoint NT 3 HP, and I must say...ever since I hooked it up, I've been impressed. Great recieve, a lot of compliments just on a few checks.

DTB do you know any mods that can be done to peg this radio out? It's pushing 50 watts now I believe, are there any bigger finals or anything for this radio?

No specific mods, but if you went to MRF 477's, you migth be able to squeeze some more. Wouldn't be worth it, though. Even if you got to 60, or even 70 watts, the signal strength difference on the other end would barely be enough to notice. If you want to mod it, find someone who does the single-2290 pill mod.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.