• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Oct 2 FCC Enforcement Bulletins, comments

N8YX

Mar 7, 2006
Somewhere between DC and Daylight..
Submitted for your consideration:

*Linky*

There's yet another cite for over-the-roaders chit-chatting on 28.085.

Folks - if you insist on operating outside the 'regular 40' - please don't do it where the mode you're using sticks out like a sore thumb. Since .085 is heavily monitored as of late I might suggest that you refrain from operating on the frequency altogether. Instead - keep your transmissions below 28.000 and this ceases to be an issue with the amateur community.

We move on to the cites shown below - which, quite curiously, weren't included in this month's ARRL EB Log:

*Link 1 - FCC website*

*Link 2 - FCC website*

*Link 3 - FCC website*

The funny (ironic, actually) side to these citations is that a certain equipment retailer who's made of the same stuff as pennies and wire lists no fewer than five pages of '10M radios' on their website as of this posting...yet to my knowledge, no action has ever been taken against them by the FCC other than a slap on the hand for selling amplifiers.

Selective enforcement?

Yea people, stay off 28 so you dont interfear with hams. dont bother them and I am sure they wont bother you and keep your equipment clean. ;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?