• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Notice: You may not use this site to facilitate the unauthorized selling of copyrighted material including, but not limited to, in the public dxForums, dxGallery, dxChat and private messsages. If you get caught doing this, you will be permanently banned with no second chances. A notice will be placed on the site of why you were banned and any information collected by this site about you will be made known to the copyright holder.

Older Connex 3300HP-ZX mod identification?

JDE

Feb 9, 2022
More info on the 3300HP-ZX;

That wrinkled looking black cap at C166, that has one just like it that's brown and not wrinkled on the foil side, anyway the top one was completely burned up. I knew it looked funny and sure enough I touched it and it crumbled and there is burnt residue on the coils around it. I borrowed one out of my old General Lee to test in this radio, it's not cooking the cap but it didn't seem to make a difference. Didn't change the weird issue with lack of power and no modulation on RF high/ and only a little modulation on RF low. On my nearby monitoring radio, RF low out of this radio sounds pretty good even with only maybe 2w of swing, can barely hear myself when I switch to RF high.

The double diode/double resistor contraption that was at R240, that I replaced with the correct value based on this board parts layout, had a 2.2k and 43k resistor. Not sure what model/value diodes.

TR32 was originally missing, and I replaced it with one out of a Cobra 29 which is the same part number.

The antenna wire doesn't go through the slot to the foil side, it goes to the empty spot for R213. Is this normal?

Handy Andy

Do Your Research First, Then Decide...
Apr 23, 2018
www.cbtricks.com
So you know...

IF it looks like this...
1653950661382.png

Your good.

R213 is a STATIC suppressor resistor - but not needed in all chassis.

The "ouline" of a coil next to that resistor is a 52MHz trap you may find on some older radios - the Cobra 29 "unit" being it's cap an coil - can work here.

1653951022750.png

Right next to R213 is a "unmarked" cap outline it's empty, that is where the 29's cap would go, the coil from that same 29s' 52MHz trap location fits that coil outline

Reactions: JDE

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AudioShockwav:
  • @ kb9ghn:
    My first thought was the i.r.s. may be interested in a long term money making scam without proper taxes being paid..probably more than electronics involved.
  • @ Toll_Free:
    My first thought was why hasn't someone paid him a visit. I mean, his address is posted above.
  • @ beakster1715:
    Good news! I opened an appeal case after eBay sided with superhawkwss6. I also opened an IC3 case & sent that information to eBay. Within an hour they responded, reversed their decision and returned all of my money. Unfortunately, superhawkwss6 stole my CB radio and eBay will likely not suspend or close his account, but rather allow him to continue his criminal activity. I think I'll still file a report with our sheriff's dept (the sheriff is a friend of mine) though I know this type of crime isn't worth their time. This guy needs to be stopped and I'm certainly going to do my best to make that happen.
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good Evening!