• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Other shop- owners/techs

bushwacker

Jul 19, 2005
Northern Alberta Canada
We are looking to expand and get alot more stock and try out some different stuff than we already do
Basically, I was just curious whats selling good at all the other shops?.....especially the ones in the US
We now have a real big showroom and want to get into online sales as well (not many on line stores here in Canada)

Just curious as to what new items have been selling good
Any and all info appreciated
Bushwacker

this should turn out to be some interesting reading here Bushy , I look forward to reading some truthful stuff here. Hmmm

Retail CB sales in storefront and web are 2 complete different business models. Are you using Canada based Suppliers only?

For some stuff we use Canadian-- but for cb stuff we will usually go through the US
We already have a website thats been up and running for a few years--it just hasn't been utilised good enough-- our target market is really Canadian residents and Ontario in general-- we do fine with what we are doing now-- just nothing is being done with the website as it is so we might as well use it-- In Canada there are only really 2 on line stores-- Durham Radio and Radio World-- so hopefully by revamping the site and throwing out some new products that we didn't stock in the past-- more detail on the radios we sell etc etc-- its will bring in some extra revinue
Most of our business is repeater repair and vhf business band stuff-- lots of comercial stuff
And since we just moved into a new shop with a real big showroom we are trying to expand and get the customers that would normally not come to us and order in through the US

The commercial stuff pays the bills and brings in the money-- that will always hold steady-- so, I'm just curious as to whats selling good in the US-- very different market up here in Canada, so we are just starting to get into LEDS ,echo boards, faceplates and that kind of stuff

You may look into importing some Commercial stuff from overseas. That would be a good money maker in Canada.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.