• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ozark Mountain D-Star Net

WX2MIG

Still Alive & Well
Dec 10, 2008
39° 19' 23" N X 74° 36' 30" W
Checked into the Ozark Mountain D-Star net this evening.....(it's held every Sunday night starting at 9:00 pm Eastern time zone)....

Quite interesting, the net control this evening was on a DV Dongle out of Texas, and several check-in's were coming in from Australia, with a few from Japan, Great Britain, and all over the States.

A local D-Star repeater out of Atlantic City (KC2TGB - B / 444.650) connects to whatever reflector it is that these guys use, and I was able to check in with no problem.

Seems the IC-2820 is a real popular radio in Australia, and most D-Star users here in the States use the 91AD, 800H, and a couple have the new 880H.

The net runs kinda long since it's pretty much world wide, but it's fun listening to hams from all over the world checking into a VHF / UHF repeater net.....

Hit the Mid-Atlantic D-Star net tonight....(Tuesdays at 7:30).... this one is a little more localized taking in different repeaters, hot spots, and Dongle check-in's from the Delaware, New Jersey, eastern PA, and the New York City region.

This one is not as interesting as the Ozark Mountain net with check-in's coming in from around the world, but it doesn't drag on for a long time either.

It's a digital voice & data mode that was developed by the Japan Radio League. The repeaters are often connected to the internet so that they can link up much like IRLP or Echolink. Currently, DStar is only implemented in certain Icom radios. As quickly as DStar is spreading, I wouldn't be surprised to see it become available from other brands in a year or two.

Well after thinking and trying out a friends D-Star Icom 880 and reading the manual . I'm going to jump on the D-Star bandwagon in Jan . WX2MIG how is the radio going for ya ?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated