• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PAL 201 BOX, need transformer

DTB Radio

Sep 14, 2005
Carlisle, PA. USA
www.dtbradio.com
I need to locate a transformer for this unit. It is a 3-tube amp made by PAL Electronics in 1974. The number on the transformer looks like PT1589, or maybe PTI589. If anyone knows of a source, please email me at the address shown in my signature. Thanks!

DTB Radio said:
I need to locate a transformer for this unit. It is a 3-tube amp made by PAL Electronics in 1974. The number on the transformer looks like PT1589, or maybe PTI589. If anyone knows of a source, please email me at the address shown in my signature. Thanks!

http://www.pwdahl.com need a transformer, look here.

BTW, do you need a "PT1589" or do you need the "PTI589"? If you go to CBTricks.com you will see the electrical roadmap (schematic) for that amp and maybe you can devise what exactly you need in a transformer.

(Hint#1) There is a 500 vdc electrolytic cap filtering the voltage doubler circuit that supplies the B+ volts for the tubes.

(Hint#2) There are (3) three 12.6 volt tubes whos' filament current total will be around 3 amperes.

I seriously doubt that you are going to find an exact replacement transformer for a 30+ year old amplifier.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?