• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Philco DTV Digital-Analog converter review

Marty

Feb 13, 2007
Twilight Zone
I bought one of them 40$ converters from HEB Grocery store and I did a test to see if my legal CB radio base interfered with channel 2 same frequency but digital. I did not see any freeze frames or break up. I did not have any problems with interference with analog CH 2 just wanted to let you know my findings.

Remember this is with a legal 4 watt carrier radio.

Uniden PC 78

A-99 - 20 feet high

50' from indoor antenna

PHILCO Model# TB100HH9

Last edited:

If I am not mistaken, the analog channel 2 frequency is in no way related to the digital channel 2 frequency.

This frequency, 54 to 60 MHz, will go bye-bye to commercial TV use next February. I think the minimum frequency, VHF-LO, will be around 170 MHz.

If I am not mistaken, the analog channel 2 frequency is in no way related to the digital channel 2 frequency.

This frequency, 54 to 60 MHz, will go bye-bye to commercial TV use next February. I think the minimum frequency, VHF-LO, will be around 170 MHz.

Stations chose a channel for post-transition operation within the new core spectrum for TV broadcast channels (channels 2 through 51). The remaining channels (52-69) will be reclaimed for public safety and advanced wireless services.

FCC PDF
http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-275789A1.pdf

One more thing I learned is that the channel number displayed on the screen is not the same exact frequency the converter displays for example CH. 49 hear is actually on ch 5 DTV VHF but the converter displays the original ch number 49 analog = 49.1, 49.2, 49.3 / 5.1, 5.2, 5.3 DTV.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated