• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Politics

jdchet

Jan 19, 2002
Rootstown, Ohio
Again, I feel that maybe I'm missing the point of "The Worldwide Radio Forum". I thought coming in here would be to talk about and discuss things about radio and radio related topics. Seems there are a few lost souls who don't get it! For example I will quote what this forum is all about(see above)
The Worldwide Radio Forum is an online community made up of devoted enthusiasts of the Radio hobbies. Unlike other radio related sites, this Forum is not dedicated to a specific radio service, but instead opens its doors to all radio related activities. All enthusiasts and operators of anything radio related are welcome here, including Amateurs (Hams), CB'ers, Freebanders, and any others. This is NOT the place to publicly pass judgment on anyone else's enjoyment of the hobby, regardless of the legalities.

The forum also provides a showcase for small companies and individuals to showcase their radio related products directly to their target audience in the form of web based advertising. For details on how to advertise your company on the Worldwide Radio Forum, email Moleculo.

This forum contains one of the finest online collections of individual hobbyists and professional technicians. Courtesy and respect toward others are expected of everyone, but above all, HAVE FUN!

I think a poll is in order, moderated by.........duh.........moderators of the forum in regards to political rhetoric on a radio forum.
If everyone or the majority thinks that these political posts belong here in "The Worldwide Radio Forum", than so be it. I personnaly think these posts are misplaced. I don't dispute these posters their beliefs or thoughts, just where they are posting this stuff. I mean, I don't go to Alex Jones' message boards and debate the differences of certain radios.

Just My Humble Opinon as a member since 2002.

JD :beer

JD~well said...and I agree to a point....whatever keeps the good people in here is the best plan....and I personally just skip over a lot of those "other" posts...
I'm in favor of just doing a political bs section personally....in fact....I'll make a poll of it.......

This section

What part of : Announcements & GENERAL DISCUSSIONS

Information, news and OPEN TOPIC are we violating???

Seems the real problem is some don't like reality and truth invading their domain and putting ripples on the pond. If the owners of this forum want it STRICTLY radio related they need to delete all non-radio stuff and not offer a open topic area. And I take offense to every time I merely post a link to a article on a issue getting it turned into a name calling, personal attack bunch of nonsense, if anything how about giving the boot to the ones who disrupt and cuss and make the real mess in here! If you do not like my posts or posts by others in this section DON'T come in here and read them!! - DUH.!

I myself don't see a need for a separate section, just for political views. We can all have a "General Discussion" about politics/world affairs, what makes you happy or angry about anything within reason. Yes, Alex Jones dosen't have topics on radios...CB or Ham, but other forums have discussions on politics and just about everything else...including radios. No big deal to me, just seems like more work for the mods.

This section

Good Lord! :roll: I'm having too much fun and excitement so go ahead and ban me for felonious free speech, criminal comment and aggravated assault by opinion. Actually you cannot ban me I hereby resign my membership to this forum.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.