• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Lincoln .. Uniden HR-2510 .. same radio's, or not?

I've seen 4 different models of these Uniden/President 10 meter radio's.

The Uniden HR-2510, Uniden HR-2600, Uniden 2830 and the President Lincoln.

Is there any difference between these 4 radio's ?
I've only seen that Uniden has a RFgain and President got RFpower.

But are these radio's technical the same and do they have all the same build quality ?
And for example, are they all made in the same country ?

Maybe somebody can give me a link were I can found all this kind of information.

THNX .. Bolke ..

The HTX-100 only has SSB and CW, 10 memory channels, RF gain and High or Low Output Power (lets you switch between 25 Watts and 5 Watts of output power).

The HR2830 and the President Lincoln are the same.

And to let the HR2600 work on 11m, you have to chipswitch it.

HR series

Hi,

The original Hr2510 and Lincoln came on the scene approx the same time, the HR2510 was the US version and the Lincoln (HR2830) was the European version ("Export") - Both had the built in programmng for 11 meters with a slight modification, with the small exception of a 'batch' with limited Micros during one short production run.

Radio Shack began selling the HTX-100 a 'stripped - down' version of the 2510 with a different format Micro but with the same (modifiable) programming ability of 11 meters. It was limited to CW and USB only.

The HR2510 was later replaced with a new model HR2600, It had a few more features (CTCSS capability and Split) but no longer had the ability of Conversion to 11 meters (preprogrammed in the Micro like the 2510 & 2830)

About the time the 2600 came out the production of the 2510 ceased, the Lincoln(Hr2830) was still being made in Europe.

Later the 2600 ceased and if I am correct, the Lincoln was only produced in Europe. Recently (the last few years) the Lincoln began production with a new Final (MRF455) to replace the discontinued MRF477 final.

A side note: shortly after the original HR2510 & Lincolns were produced, a company in California, created the 'Chipswitch' which replaced the Microprocessor with one with full frequency coverage and many of the enhancenments and features of the entire series (including the 2600). This Microprocessor was a direct replacement for the HR2510, HR2830(Lincoln), and HR2600. Which I think added to the popularity of this fine series of radios, and also helped during that time of the 'Un-modifiable' 2510 Micros as well as the 2600's.

This is How I remember the Life of the HR series radio's .. feel free to correct me if I got some of it wrong.

Roger

that about as accurate of the history as i know it. for am they are okay, but for the cb/freeband ssb crowd i don't think that there is a better low cost mobile out there. everytime a new radio came out i had to have it but i always came back to the 2510. now i need to get a lincoln just becuase i have never had one but im sure it will be good too. just my .05 worth opinion. 73

HR2510

I just picked one of these radios up from a friend of mine. It is definately the HR2510 radio. So far, I have not found anything about this radio that I do not like. If there was one thing I could change, it would be the mic gain. This radio has a mic gain switch (on or off) I would have put in a variable mic gain like most other radios. Also I would like to have seen a meter in this radio as opposed to the LED bar.
Other features that I love:
Love the scan button and the frequency lock button. Also I like how I can change what digit of the frequency I can change with the tuning knob.

Overall, I love this radio. I am now using this as my main radio. Everybody compliments on the signal strength as well as the sound quality. My poor Voyage VR9000 has taken a backseat to the Uniden HR2510 :(

Running:
4 watts DK swinging to 30
Astatic EchoMax 2000
M400 antenna

With my AMPower amp on:
95 watts DK swinging to approx. 285 watts

--------------------------------------------------------
Voyage VR9000
Galaxy Echo Talk Mic / D-104 / Turner Super Sidekick
M400 Antenna

Uniden HR2510
Astatic EchoMax 2000
M400 Antenna

nice radio it will serve you well. just don't butcher it up trying to get it to sound like a bowl buster. go to rogerbirds site for sme mods and increase that mic gain. good luck and have fun.
and if your'e on 10mtr. give c.w.morse a shout he likes that

Mine has the 455 transistor. Did they add those at the end of there production run. I know were afew new in the box radios are. May pick up another.

I'm seriously thinking about picking up a couple before they are all gone. Also thinking about maybe getting a George, too. Something tells me those are going to go away before too long....

I don't know what Rogerbird did to mine but WOW :D

I have two 2510's one has been sent to Rogerbird for alignment, ext speaker and PA jacks, variable power mod, a combination of two of the power mods (he felt was a better choice), also did some other minor fixing it needed. He also did the mic gain mod.

The one he worked on will easily out talk and receive the other one I have.

I also don't get any complaints about dirty power. It is a clean talking radio

Check him out

http://members.tripod.com/~Rogerbird/

hr 2600

I have a hr2600 used a few times, no chipswitch in it, they want to much to do it.
Thinking about trading it for a rci 2950, or similiar outfit

doctor

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.