1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

President Ronald

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by Chevboy0167, Jan 1, 2018.

1. 338_MtRushmore

338_MtRushmore Well-Known Member

Why would they make a radio they can't sell? Doesn't Stryker make one too? There must be a market somewhere for these.

2. KD8HMO

KD8HMO Sr. Member

Why would I buy a 10/12 meter radio without wideband? At least the 2950/2970 rangers are all mode radios...

3. Chevboy0167

Chevboy0167 Active Member

I agree with y'all. Seems the only selling point would be its size. Small footprint.

4. Onelasttime

Onelasttime Well-Known Member

Best President in my lifetime! LOL President Jimmy made such a mess of things though anyone could shine like the sun following up that! LOL

On the radio side of things, I have not seen an AM/FM only 10/12 meter rig that I would actually pay money to own.

If President made President Jimmy it would have to have a rebel flag with a peanut on it may be a token shout out to White Plains Ga.!LOL I have a great aunt from that area. It would have to deadkey 50watts with no swing on modulation be AM only not even FM and have 400 channels at least.LOL

5. Mustang 131

Mustang 131 Well-Known Member

The President Jimmy will only last 4 years and will make you a peanut whistle station.

The more I look at the Ronald, the more I like this rig.

Can't wait for the Trump Base Station...

Onelasttime likes this.
  6. StrangeBrew

StrangeBrew Well-Known Member

A President Jimmy and a fridge stocked with Billy Beer would make a great station.(y)

7. TM86

TM86 Destroyer of radios

It'll be yuge! And, it'll modulate bigly!

Onelasttime likes this.
  8. Onelasttime

IF they make a President Trump.....It would have to have eSSB and broadcast sound quality on AM and FM! It would have to have a fake gold plated face and tins!10,11,12 and 6m! Maybe DSP and built in EQ presets!

9. Mustang 131

It'll have a brick wall filter that keeps out all the Spanish stations and it comes with a red hat that says "Make CB radio Great Again"
    The down side it's going to be 13% more expensive in California.

Onelasttime and TM86 like this.
  10. 338_MtRushmore

338_MtRushmore Well-Known Member

Thankfully, we dodged a potential hilary. I'm sure it would have had a slot for cash that acted as a PTT. No AM or FM, just good old BS on that rig. I'm sure farmers would have liked it to fertilize their crops though.

11. Mustang 131

Comes in a big fancy box but the radio's smashed and the owners manuals been bleached.

338_MtRushmore likes this.
  12. Chevboy0167

Chevboy0167 Active Member

Dear god... I opened a can of worms, a can made in America, make American can of worms great again!

338_MtRushmore likes this.
  13. Onelasttime

No no one is being overly mean. Everyone is laughing! It is not 32 pages long and has not required a lock on topic. I do not think this counts as politics since we are talking about how the radio would look or operate. It is well known that President has it's radio's named after America Presidents. LOL

A President Billy radio would lie to you about your freq. and mode. It would have those chrome naked lady figures you see on big rig mud flaps and on the tins. It would come with jazz saxophone noise toy.LOL

14. nomadradio

nomadradio Analog Retentive

Billy?

Do you mean Billy Bob Bubba Big Beer Belly Big Rigger?

15. Onelasttime

Billy=President Bill Clinton and since he was impeached/censored for lying under oath while in office over something as stupid as illicit affairs that I am sure Hilary knew about and did not care about.

I think Hollywood has shown us that if you are a celbrity or person of wealth and influence when caught it is better to confess, apologize and check into rehab! If you do that it takes 90% of the wind out of the media's sails and most people will love you again! I think this is especially true if it is drugs, alcohol or sex related! LOL

The President Donald would be fake gold plated, have actual broadcast quality NPC, EQ and DSP! It would definitely have talk back because while I like President Trump I am thinking he likes the sound of his own voice! LOL The display would be huge! The speaker would take up the entire cover it would be a driver and tweeter combo with cross over and be like a 20watt pa to drive that beast! The mic would have a wind filter that looked like a comb-over! It would have to have more bandwidth than any other radio in it's price point! It would need some sort of fuzzy logic IC to keep out all foreign skip especially if it was coming from South of the Border! LOL

Maybe we could have a 500 watt single LDMOS amp slung under it like RCI likes to do but it would have to be almost indestructible for swr mismatch at all phase angles!

Since he has had issues with DOJ, FBI and FISA it would have to have digital modes of operation with at least 128 bit encryption, freq. hopping with a date time line synch system!