1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Protests and GMRS Freqs

Discussion in 'MURS / FRS / GMRS' started by Bow, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Bow

Bow Bastard Modulation Engineering

Rumor has it that the "protestors" are using Baofeng UV-5Rs on GMRS freqs for coordination, since the cell towers are pretty hammered in those areas.

Has anyone heard anything in the Hot areas?

Rwb likes this.

2. sunbulls

sunbulls Sr. Member

As for large gatherings of any persuasion, it’s obvious that cell phones are numeral uno. Blister pack FRS walkies come in at a distant second, coupled with a few CB’s in the mobiles. I don’t doubt that some Biofengs are being used on whatever frequency, but mostly cheap FRS walkies that share much of the same frequencies as GMRS.

Rwb and Bow like this.
  3. Bow

Bow Bastard Modulation Engineering

Agreed.

Luckly, I don't have that issue around here... no protestors want to come to my corner of AZ

binrat, dave457, Rwb and 2 others like this.
  4. snow bird

snow bird Well-Known Member

same Hear in Eastern NC . Too meniy Gun onwers to take that Shit. want to tear up shit! Go home and Have at It.

Rwb, S&W357 and Tweek like this.
  5. w9cll

w9cll W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

Want to stop the protests? Shutdown cell services.

Rwb, DainBramage, r carl and 2 others like this.
  6. Shockwave

Shockwave Sr. Member

Let's use the cell phone tower data to determine who is being "imported" from outside of the area, in order to participate in these riots. These are normal tools law enforcement typically uses, when they want to stop crime...

When you find out many traveled from a distance, along the same path, find out who paid to make that path available to them all?

7. Tallman

Tallman W9WDX Amateur Radio Member, KW4YJ EXTRA class

It is truly ridiculous these outsiders come into Louisville, KY and these marches are held in unrelated areas. Then for weeks there are shooting and killings where there were none in recent history. Of course no one sees anything. I guess that's where the silence=violence is related.

144inBama, Rwb and Shadetree Mechanic like this.
  8. Handy Andy

Handy Andy Do Your Research First, Then Decide...

We've got our town trashed by protesters, one cited and arrested - charged with incite to riot, with their "Facebook Public" post used to round up the others involved and "invited" to participate, then when they were released on bond - all booked out of town.

Gee, Wonder Why...

Rwb and Bow like this.
  9. DainBramage

DainBramage Well-Known Member

All "they" have to do is use a cheap throw away Tracphone. buy an airtime card from WalMart.
    There is nothing to be traced back to the user.

I have a "regular" cell and I also have a "throw away" fone, it's only about $10/mo.

Rwb likes this.
  10. Shockwave

Shockwave Sr. Member

George didn't pay the extra $10 on top of transportation fees and these hoodlums are far too ignorant to plan ahead and think they could be traced by their personal phones.

Rwb likes this.
  11. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

Was rumored in joplin ,mo area a group slipped down from kansas city to wreak havvoc but were met with ARMED CITIZENS AND A FEW JASPER COUNTY DEPUTYS.
    Thats grapevine news but i was in the coffee shop across street from sherrif department n overheard our sherrif tellin a couple others something to that affect.
    Luckily our sherrif prefers every legal firearm owner carrying a sidearm

12. Tokin

Tokin 42Zero Tampa

I love my neighbors to the east. He gives none and takes none...

13. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

heck yes

14. Tallman

Tallman W9WDX Amateur Radio Member, KW4YJ EXTRA class

It is truly ridiculous these outsiders come into Louisville, KY and these marches are held in unrelated areas. Then for weeks afterwards there are shooting and killings where there were none in recent history. Of course no one sees anything. I guess that's where the silence=violence is related.
    People who do not take ownership of their destiny are destined to be victims forever. If you hide behind cowardice then your situation is clear and hopeless.
    [​IMG]

#14 Tallman, Sep 20, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  15. Slowmover

Slowmover Sr. Member

Got a haircut awhile back at a barbershop nearby to Joplin led me to believe same (possible). But, show me as I don’t take well to “stories”.

Cofer Black built a full-fledged CIA-headquarters for WalMart in Bentonville. How many tens of millions did they openly give BLM?

W-M (by itself) has daily intakes of $400-million. Times 365. Just one day hires thousands of organizers at $10k month tax-free for a year. (The difficulty of hiding .003% of annual revenues?) A staff of 75 for every single state.

It’s only one corporation, big as it is. Hundreds are on-board. Five hedge-fund managers, alone, control corporations employing 24-million Americans.

“Stories” and practice runs (both sides of an issue controlled) make Joplin, MO a perfect test ground given location, size and demographics. The circus done come to town!

The ADL and their minions blackmail/control every elected county official in this country. Caught in the ‘90s with files on two million Americans. Trillions at stake, with billions to spend.

What story men believe not so important (truth irrelevant), but knowing the wording (the felicitous phrasing) makes them act, well, . . . that’s money in the bank.

Hot air from a sheriff doesn’t mean much. Until

(An example of a VERY well-told story: by NC Scout, “Reality Check”; 9/5/20 on AmPart. Doesn’t get better than this. Note structure: rhythm & tempo. Cannot strongly enough recommend two readings a few days apart).

When trust extends to those around you, expect it’s already been gamed. Cambodia or Hong Kong or Cairo. Peking or Budapest. (All recent).

#15 Slowmover, Sep 20, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2020