• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Question about grounding antenna...

Jay in the Mojave

Apr 6, 2005
Mojave Desert
Hello Slickpenguin:

You can connect a wire to the bottom of the steel mast, and then put in a ground rod (sold at hardware stores) and connect the wire to the ground rod. I would use 6 gage wire sold at the hardware store for the grounding wire. This will ground the all the Astro Plane Antenna.

It will not increase the antennas performance, but should reduce some static or noise received.

I suggest in my antenna installation instructions that any antenna is installed with a Lightening Arrestor mounted to a Ground Rod. The Coax is routed and connected the Lightening Arrestor, and the Coax end can be disconnected leading to the house, and even removed if necessary in a heavy Lightening areas.

The Astro Plane Antenna if raised up higher on a Push-Up Telescoping Mast will work much better. Same for any other antenna.

Hope this helps.

Jay in the Mojave

www.a1antennas.com

</p>

Hey everyone, just another question I have about my astro plane antenna.

Ive heard about grounding them here and there, but are there any beneficial sides to grounding the antenna? (other than in case it's hit by lightning)

My setup is the astroplane bolted (by its U bolts on the antenna) directly to a steel pipe, which is then mounted on top of a wooden 4x4 to get it to 9 foot above ground. And I have 75' of RG-8 Mini wire to my CB.

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?